• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sbav8r

I do deny them my essence
I need help.

I saw a post on here about a month ago that had a link to a company that was selling multi time for $35/hr. It was either an Aztec or Comanche, I can't remember. I think the company was located somewhere near the Gulf.

If anyone remembers the company, please let me know. i have tried all combinations of search words with no luck.

Thanks

Wow. Pretty cheap even for single time. Whats the catch?

I am not exactly certain what this outfit on the gulf does, but I will go out on a limb to say it is not pay for training. From what I understand you are pilot in command that is flying someone from the company out to sea. There is no training involved other than initial. So when you drop your 3,500 you are essentially paying for a 100 hour block of time. (as you would if you were going to rent a twin from various other places around the country---pay for the block of time). I know lots of pilots that have rented twins (from duchess, 310's, barons, comanches) and paid a heck of a lot more than 3,500.

Someone said something about if you did this it would paying them to work for them. perhaps... If so then one could correlate it to Air Cargo Carriers out of Wisconsin.

But boy... Building a quick 100 hours (what it takes to put your mei ticket to use at my alma mater) of multi time for $3,500 sure sounds a lot better than $7,000 or $10,000. Will buying a type rating hurt you one day among your peers? Yes, possibly. Will buying 100 hours of twin commanche time? No, I don't think so.

Will it hurt the industry and your fellow pilots? Possibly, but as one who has never done any pft or pay to work, I will forgive you just this once.

Someone once said that that place has a 6 month waiting list too. The flying is basically offshore pipeline patrol out in TX.

MAS said:
I am not exactly certain what this outfit on the gulf does, but I will go out on a limb to say it is not pay for training. From what I understand you are pilot in command that is flying someone from the company out to sea. There is no training involved other than initial. So when you drop your 3,500 you are essentially paying for a 100 hour block of time. (as you would if you were going to rent a twin from various other places around the country---pay for the block of time). I know lots of pilots that have rented twins (from duchess, 310's, barons, comanches) and paid a heck of a lot more than 3,500.

Someone said something about if you did this it would paying them to work for them. perhaps... If so then one could correlate it to Air Cargo Carriers out of Wisconsin.

But boy... Building a quick 100 hours (what it takes to put your mei ticket to use at my alma mater) of multi time for $3,500 sure sounds a lot better than $7,000 or $10,000. Will buying a type rating hurt you one day among your peers? Yes, possibly. Will buying 100 hours of twin commanche time? No, I don't think so.

Will it hurt the industry and your fellow pilots? Possibly, but as one who has never done any pft or pay to work, I will forgive you just this once.

If you are flying company employees for business then you are a commercial pilot and should be paid as one. Amazingly though there are enough whores in this industry who are all too happy to pay for the priviledge of a flying job. Unbelievable.

there is a debateable fine line on this one chief...

In my opinion, one would be cutting off his nose to spite his pimply face to go rent a twin from somewhere and pay 10 grand for 100 hours when he could pay 3500 for the same 100. I would not do that for you dog.

There is a difference in paying for a job and paying for flight time to get a job (say the 100 hours required to put your mei to use at an unnamed flight school). This is not buying a type rating or paying to fly cargo routes for 12.5 grand in hopes of getting paid to do it when your 250 hours have been reached. This place is not a job. This is not whoring yourself out. This is an opportunity to save oneself anywhere from $5,000-15,000.

I see your point, and it is entirely valid. When I am a captain one day or the chief of a flight department, I might would look down on someone who paid for a type rating. But I would not look down on someone who paid 3,500 for 100 hours of multi time. However, I would be envious if I had paid 3 times that for the same 100 hours.

Latest resources

Back