• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Multi time building post

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Paying for multi time (or any time) at an FBO, flight school, etc for personal reasons is one thing. However, this multiengine.net company is completely different. There is no fine line here. You are providing a piloting service to a company that requires pilots to fly their airplanes to generate revenue. This is called a job. If people wouldn't whore themselves out to this company, they'd be paying pilots for their service. Imagine that, getting paid to work!

imacdog said:
Paying for multi time (or any time) at an FBO, flight school, etc for personal reasons is one thing. However, this multiengine.net company is completely different. There is no fine line here. You are providing a piloting service to a company that requires pilots to fly their airplanes to generate revenue. This is called a job. If people wouldn't whore themselves out to this company, they'd be paying pilots for their service. Imagine that, getting paid to work!
I have absolutely no aspirations to fly for a living. If I lived near where this company is based and it fit my personal schedule, I'd jump on the opportunity in a minute. The reasons for doing so would be my own. Perhaps I need to build multi time for insurance requirements before buying into a twin. Can't do that for much cheaper than $35/hr. Maybe I just WANT to do it. I get what I want and the company gets what it wants. We're both happy and I certainly wouldn't care what you think.

How about earning the privilege. It is a flying job at a company that prefers to use multi's to patrol their pipelines. If no one bought time, it would be open to a qualified pilot that would be paid for his services. Its one thing to pay for a rating another to be paying to fly for a company.

Its no different than gulfstream. You pay for 250 hrs and then you're out. After you've flown your 100 hors at this pipeline gig, you're out just the same.

J.Otto said:
It is a flying job at a company that prefers to use multi's to patrol their pipelines. If no one bought time, it would be open to a qualified pilot that would be paid for his services.
Not my problem.

paying thousands more at an FBO or wherever else to build the same time you would be paying 3,500 for is ignorant... like i said earlier... this is not like buying a type rating or pft...but it is straddling the line... you see it as whoring...but i see it on the economically savy side rather than the unethical...

spinning is fun btw... citabrias are fun... so is duck hunting... and fishing...
and the beautful perfect soft-field landing... and poker...

You should not be so upset with the buisness these guys are operating. Its working for them, its working for the people buying the twin time, and everyone is happy. If you dont like it, dont go fly with them.......Simple huh??

I'm not upset at this company for what they do. They know there are plenty of whores willing to pay to work for them. I'm just amazed that some pilots are stupid enough to pay to do something that they could be paid to do. Would you rather pay $3500 for 100 hours of multi or get paid $3500?

imacdog said:
I'm not upset at this company for what they do. They know there are plenty of whores willing to pay to work for them. I'm just amazed that some pilots are stupid enough to pay to do something that they could be paid to do. Would you rather pay $3500 for 100 hours of multi or get paid $3500?
If you are pissed at them then you should get pissed at all the regional carriers and airlines that pay their pilots $9.00/hr to fly multi-million dollar equipment with tons of live people on board.....and thats after us pilots struggling to get a good job have paid 50-100,000 dollars for our training and/or education. I COMMEND THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Whoever started that business is a freeking genius!!!!!!!!

Flystr8 said:
Whoever started that business is a freeking genius!!!!!!!!
While I think you are totally out to lunch on this issue, I will agree with you on the above statement. What better way to lower the cost of your company's flight department by actually duping some stupid chode into PAYING to work for you! Fargin amazing.

Well, I'm off to find someone to pay me to have the opportunity to balance my checkbook with the hopes of being an accountant some day............... :rolleyes:

answer me this...
ANYONE......

would you rather pay $3,500.... OR $12,500 for 100 hours of multi time?

when i am the chief of a flight department... ill hire you for this (i wouldnt hold it against you... if you have the experience/skill).... if you pft...or buy a type i will not(hire you)... (i have a masters degree (you more than likely do not))...

i do not have 100 hours twin time... say i did... and i went to interview... .... .... you think the captain... or HR rep is going to ask me where i got that twin time...???...nope....

aircraft specifics... thats it... IF the majority of my twin time comes from that aircraft....

.... need i say more??? cause i am too lit to type...

.... almost to the point of punching faces.... haha... j/k... i cant hardly walk

paying 3.5 k for multi time vs. 15,000k

OR

12.5 K flying for air cargo carriers

if TIS tells me there is a clear cut line between the two.. ill back off... otherwise...fo...

Latest resources

Back