Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like B19

Don't you see?
And as far as the "list" goes, if you're all so intent that it's just to examine the aorcraft for airworthiness, why does the emphasis on a "quality preflight" only come up when things go sour with the union-management relations? Its so obvious...

That's my point, ******************************-bags.

After reading your post on this board, like B19, I think trying to reason with you is just pi$$ing in the wind, but I have a few comments reference your post.

You are damn right it obvious! Its supposed to be obvious! Its supposed to be obvious to management that the pilots are unhappy with them. When management makes the pilots happy via a signed contract it will be equally obvious that we are happy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to break the code on this equation.

I don't think the word "quality" is the proper characterization of a pilots preflight choices. A "comprehensive, in depth" preflight vs a "oh I didn't see that" preflight that gets the live leg done or moves the jet to MX. What you don't want to recognize or acknowledge is that this is entirely the crews prerogative and they are completely legal and within their rights. If management wants pilots that are willing to look the other way on occasion then management needs to do what the pilots want, plain and simple. They scratch our back we scratch theirs.

And in the future if you are going to quote anything I post do not insert your assumptive editorial. A pilot choosing to apply the letter of the law is entirely his call and his right. It is not abuse.

Last edited:
Do your job and shut up....

After reading your post on this board, like B19, I think trying to reason with you is just pi$$ing in the wind, but I have a few comments reference your post.

You are damn right it obvious! Its supposed to be obvious! Its supposed to be obvious to management that the pilots are unhappy with them. When management makes the pilots happy via a signed contract it will be equally obvious that we are happy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to break the code on this equation.

I don't think the word "quality" is the proper characterization of a pilots preflight choices. A "comprehensive, in depth" preflight vs a "oh I didn't see that" preflight that gets the live leg done or moves the jet to MX. What you don't want to recognize or acknowledge is that this is entirely the crews prerogative and they are completely legal and within their rights. If management wants pilots that are willing to look the other way on occasion then management needs to do what the pilots want, plain and simple. They scratch our back we scratch theirs.

And in the future if you are going to quote anything I post do not insert your assumptive editorial. A pilot choosing to apply the letter of the law is entirely his call and his right. It is not abuse.

The problem is, you want a union on the property which makes everybody unhappy, including the pilots. The "letter of the law" as you put it is abuse and interpretive. Historically, courts have backed air carriers before on abusive write-up campaigns and I'm sure they will again in the future.

Promises that can't be kept by the union, and haven't been throughout the negotiations process is the issue. I stated nearly 3 years ago that you would go through 3 years of turmoil, and I'm right on the button in a couple of months.

The union didn't get it done, so you feel you need to play the silly union games that wind up with court injunctions, etc. If 1108 had gotten it done, the whining on this board wouldn't exist, but they haven't.

You blame management, you really need to blame the union for the shortcomings.

If you aren't happy there, leave. What, the industry is shrinking and there isn't anyplace to go? Be thankful you even have a job in this market and shut up. There are lots of pilots that would like to fill your position at any price right now. Get off your egotistical high horse and just get it done.

You need to scratch the back of the people that sign your paycheck, they don't have to give in to your demands and the marketplace will back that up.

The union has done nothing but created turmoil that is going to get worse in the upcoming months, get used to it and simply be thankful that the company even exists at any wage you make.

Do your job.

The "letter of the law" is the individual interpretation of the pilot, and if it's not defined clearly, then it's the company's job to define it. If they don't define it, they will have their lawyers and the court define if for you.

Write up campaigns are not new and are easily dealt with.

In today's ecomomy, the union doesn't have a leg to stand on. Live with it or get a new job. You can be replaced.

exacty.....do your job and shut up.....

then send in the MX form....

b19, just keep diggin man. LMFAO!!!

You can never win this argument.....its broke then its broke.

It is always somewhat amazing when a company is sort of in the toliet swirling around, the unhappy pilot groups answer is let's make our customers even more uncomfortable.
We know we are not an industry leading company anymore, but, we deserve an industry leading contract.
We know the industry is not doing well, but we should.
Why not ask Apen or Jetride, or Pinnacle pilots how they are doing.
I have not seen one post that indicates that the company is back on track, getting aircraft, signiing up new owners, in short becoming a player in the business again.
There cannot be progress on a contract without some progress on the business and I don't see it.

It is always somewhat amazing when a company is sort of in the toliet swirling around, the unhappy pilot groups answer is let's make our customers even more uncomfortable.
We know we are not an industry leading company anymore, but, we deserve an industry leading contract.
I have not seen one post that indicates that the company is back on track, getting aircraft, signiing up new owners, in short becoming a player in the business again.
There cannot be progress on a contract without some progress on the business and I don't see it.

right on you need a contract.....that's the only way to keep management from butt raping all you guys. Im sure b19 and skanza will say that it's the union drive is whats causing the problems. If the company would'nt try to screw us, there would be no need for labor unions. You tell me the company will pay what your worth WITHOUT a union, RIGHT......wake up. reality here.

Copied from the list:

1. Power lever gators (the rubber that keeps stuff from falling into the pedestal) needs to be intact not worn downing item

Really? Grounding?

12. All placards (exterior and interior) installed and readable

19. Takeoff pitch trim horn doesn't sound if trim is SLIGHTLY out of the green

That's subjective.

25. O2 mask does not stay in cradle.

Of course, if you rip it out then try to jam it in the cradle carelessly - to ground the airplane. You all know it takes some effort to install these...

29. Static and pitot drains are closed

Unless you fu(k with it, they should stay closed. But if you decide to drain them, a little effort will re-seat the drain.

31. Cockpit trim indicator agrees w/ trim position marking on vertical stab
What? Is there a dot on the indicator? No, its a range.

40. Feed back from the hand held mikes. It’s a no no

Sure, ecpecially if you hold the mic up close to the speaker...on every BJ.
This all just BS in my opinion. But you know they do seem silly...

again;

spineless

buffoon

i.e. the list didn't say anything about; ".....rip it out then try to jam it in the cradle carelessly..."

also add; unsafe and reg breaking pilot

ass kisser/brown noser

Last edited:
If you aren't happy there, leave. What, the industry is shrinking and there isn't anyplace to go? Be thankful you even have a job in this market and shut up. There are lots of pilots that would like to fill your position at any price right now. Get off your egotistical high horse and just get it done.

Live with it or get a new job. You can be replaced.

With this cowardly attitude (like your late suicidal friend) I'm glad that you lost your medical and are no longer in the ranks of professional pilots. If you were, you would just suck your way up while bringing the profession down. BTW; you're still sucking up and trying to bring the profession down but, at least you're not doing it as a pilot.

You are right the economy is down and the company is in the toilet. It took 5 years of sh!ty management to get us to this state and it was the same management that is responsible for a Union being on the property. Had we not had this management we may not be in the swirling toilet and we may not have a union. In their arrogance this past management refused to believe that the actions they were taking were errant or wrong in any way refusing to accept constructive input from the one employmee group that could help or hurt the company the most. A union was inevitable.

Current management is left to deal with the pile of crap Sh!thead and Punjab left them, including the Union. Their choices are simple step up to the plate, finish the contract negotiations or continue to garner the ire of the one group that can sink or save this company.

Unfortunately, there are indications form Riccie and friends that they believe that they can stall the negotiations while he continues his feel good uncle Ken, “I’m your best union steward” bullsh!t. This is all part of a broader plan to undermine union support in hopes of eventual decertification. I do not ever see this being successful. The pilots have gone through too much and fought too hard for our contract, paying a heavy price to date. If management continues on this tact it will only serve to increase the speed that Options goes down the toilet. All the Operators you mention have one thing in common, a very unhappy pilot group. Without the total support of every pilot at Options, we won’t make it.

Kenn, conclude negotiations and sign a contract that our pilots can live with, or reside over Options as the toilet flush takes us under.

Last edited:

I HOPE that AIN news alert blog you write for sometimes doesn't know you look for posts on here to get your information! :smash:

All too typical of the laziness found in even the 'legitimate journalism' ranks, so not surprised.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back