• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moral sinking at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If morale is low, it's due to the union being on the property and stagnating what the company is willing to do for you.

It is indisputable that morale at FLOPS was low long before the union. This proves that you're a spinmeister and a liar.

I know you won't answer.......at least legitimately. It's just my way of reminding you that you're still a buffoon, loser and coward.

Last edited:
It is indisputable that morale at FLOPS was low long before the union. This proves that you're a spinmeister and a liar.

I know you won't answer.......at least legitimately. It's just my way of reminding you that you're still a buffoon, loser and coward.

I found B's new gig when and after the ratification does occur! Just look at my avatar!

I found B's new gig when and after the ratification does occur! Just look at my avatar!

:laugh:BA HA HA HA HA HA!:laugh:

yeah, instead of him saying "see you on the line!" like in his recorded messages while he was an Eastern scab, he'll be saying "see you on the lot!":D

Last edited:
Let's see... the worst economic climate in 70 years.

Do you really, (and let's be honest now) expect Options management to rush out and give 1108 a contract on par with NJ in today's climate?

1108 didn't get it done. I've said that over and over. You guys put all of your eggs in the 1108 basket and are paying for it dearly.

If morale is low, it's due to the union being on the property and stagnating what the company is willing to do for you.

You are getting exactly what you asked for and a whole lot less.

B19 I disagree with your post however I do agree that you are completely entitled to your own opinion.

I spent 8 years at flops prior to leaving and know what it was like to hold my head high, walk into any FBO out there and spent endless hours talking about flight options. Things peaked in 2002 into 2003 and then the company went downhill. year over year there were numerous takeaways, SFO pay, $400 non taxed travel bonus, hotel stby, layovers etc etc etc.

Finally by 2006 I came to the conclusion that I could not make a career at options and decided to get on a seniority list asap.

I was fortunate enough to get into a decent position but there are numerous others still at flops that have had their careers stagnated by mis management.

They all deserve better.

The most ironic aspect is productivity.

In 2001-02 I flew over 800 hours each year. Every year they came up with these dumb ideas to save money and improve efficiencies and each year I flew less. My last full year at flops was 2005 I flew just over 300 hours.

Flops pilots deserve a contract even if it means the failure of the company. You guys should not finance their mis management with reduced pay and benefits

B19 I disagree with your post however I do agree that you are completely entitled to your own opinion.

I spent 8 years at flops prior to leaving and know what it was like to hold my head high, walk into any FBO out there and spent endless hours talking about flight options. Things peaked in 2002 into 2003 and then the company went downhill. year over year there were numerous takeaways, SFO pay, $400 non taxed travel bonus, hotel stby, layovers etc etc etc.

Finally by 2006 I came to the conclusion that I could not make a career at options and decided to get on a seniority list asap.

I was fortunate enough to get into a decent position but there are numerous others still at flops that have had their careers stagnated by mis management.

They all deserve better.

The most ironic aspect is productivity.

In 2001-02 I flew over 800 hours each year. Every year they came up with these dumb ideas to save money and improve efficiencies and each year I flew less. My last full year at flops was 2005 I flew just over 300 hours.

Flops pilots deserve a contract even if it means the failure of the company. You guys should not finance their mis management with reduced pay and benefits

Options pilots were all giddy with excitement when 1108 came in and "closed the deal" so quickly with NJ. They drank the union koolaide and figured 1108 was going to do the same magic, but it didn't happen did it?

1108 didn't get it done when the economy was good because they were GREEDY. Now, because they were so ineffective, the economy has gone down the tubes and any chance for a decent first contract has flushed because they didn't get it done while they had the chance.

It's laughable to think that those represented by 1108 are going to get an industry leading contract in today's economic environment. Matter of fact, if they get ANY kind of contract they will be lucky.

1108 sold a bill to the Options pilots based on the success of dealing with a carrier that had deep pockets. Good luck getting one done now!

Perhaps njw can convince NJASAP to help out! :D

We can see just how much THEY enjoyed working with the teamsters! :laugh:

so your saying you dont like unions?......

first i've heard that from you...im shocked.

the diffrence is NJ ALREADY had a contract in place to build from......starting from scratch sucks. I guess the only thing to do is fock the pilots in the butt on wages and working conditions. Taking money from management is completly outta the question. Golden parachutes only work one way.

So it was just lip service and management is dragging their heels....:rolleyes: how typically short-sighted...:mad: Naturally, treatment like that results in low morale. Disrespect has a way of doing that...sorry guys! :( When it comes to morale, y'all have my moral support!

It's easy to see who really cares about the company when actions speak louder than words. It's common knowledge that low morale hurts productivity so smart managers treat employees like the valuable asset they are. Until the other side figures out that basic concept they'll remain FLOPS.

It seems their behavior fits the Halloween season; they're draining the company lifeblood...morale... from those on the front line. Boooo!! Hisssss!!!

On a personal note, I'm in the midst of a battle for justice myself and I can all too well sympathize with how hard it is sometimes to keep trudging forward in the uphill battle. It sounds like the Options pilots have been lied to. Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience with that frustration and this is how I deal with it: Ask yourself if giving up would be acceptable. I bet, you, too, will refuse to do that. So pull together as a group and keep pressing on. That's what my family does. Justice will be worth it in the end--for all of us. As you guys do your job give them the same cooperation they are showing 1108 in negotiations. It's way past time for the message to soak in: you don't get high morale when you pay low wages!

Hang in there!!
Netjetwife

I did notice that he put in place new sales staff to sell into this market. Perhaps he feels that getting some business is his major concern of the moment.

Latest resources

Back