• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moral sinking at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that all that is left in the contract are wages and vacation. Can anyone confirm this?

(Yes, I realize how sticky these last two items usually are in negotiations.)

The negotiation report tells you exactly whats left. From the last one I looked at it looks like 12-13 items left. Some can be TA'd just by needing a signature, some will change since pay and beni's havent been brought up yet.

The negotiation report tells you exactly whats left. From the last one I looked at it looks like 12-13 items left. Some can be TA'd just by needing a signature, some will change since pay and beni's havent been brought up yet.

I do believe that there are 3 sessions scheduled for October alone. If the past couple of month's bargaining sessions are of any indication of "good faith" negotiating we should be well on our way. Like you stated, compensation, bennefits, scheduling, pto etc. are probably going to take some elbow grease. THe LOA's are nice to see as well.

So, how about that 5th fleet type?

I do believe that there are 3 sessions scheduled for October alone. If the past couple of month's bargaining sessions are of any indication of "good faith" negotiating we should be well on our way.

Thats not what I heard, I was told that last week the company sent some low level guys who can't make decisions so the Union then left the table early since it was a waste of time and money.

I am not sure if things have changed this week.

Like I said before the pilots are getting pi$$ed off and morale is sinking right before Thanksgiving.

Didn't FLOPS have GIVs at some point already? What happened to them?

There were only 2 in the fleet, and they weren't part of Sheeringa's go-backward fleet plan. Been gone a couple of years.

If GIV's show up again, and I think it's still a BIG IF, they will likely be previously enjoyed SP's. Also, for this to work (as with any fractional airplane) we'll need at least 5 aircraft. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months.

Thats not what I heard, I was told that last week the company sent some low level guys who can't make decisions so the Union then left the table early since it was a waste of time and money.

I am not sure if things have changed this week.

Like I said before the pilots are getting pi$$ed off and morale is sinking right before Thanksgiving.

"时势造英雄"(pin-yin:shi shi zao ying xiong)

I spoke with a union friend of mine this weekend and had asked if there were any negotiations and he said no there were none scheduled for last week, however there are three scheduled for October. Let's hope for the best and hopefully won't expect the worst!

Last edited:
Hang in there team, don't give it away

Get things in perspective.

You saw how long it took us at Netjets.

Remember, it's business, nothing personal.

Those people on the management side of the table are trying to get the best deal for the company so they can get their bonuses and feed their families as well.

That Moisture guy they hired to sell us a lemon at Netjets was a character, almost like play acting.

We knew he was full of sh!t. He knew,we knew, he was full of sh!t! We knew, he knew, we knew, he was full of sh!t.

He was just doing the job they paid him for. (I think they paid to much)

I would love for RTS to write his memoirs some day and spill how his hired gun really did? I'll bet it would be a pretty good read.

Don't give up, do not sell yourselves short.

How could you not be worth every bit as much as we are at Netjets?

You should hopefully capitalize on any short comings we had on our contract.

Take care, Semore

Latest resources

Back