• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moral sinking at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did not even know I wrote an AIN news alert blog.
By the way, I think owners are the key to this company surviving, not pilots. My point is not to downgrade pilots but to stress the absolute need to get the company moving on the marketing and sales side, to stop further attrition besides what is going ot be lost over the economy. The economic indicators right now suck to use a technical term and it does not bode well for a company that does not have all cylinders running. Paying pilots more is not a solution to the bigger problems.

You don't getit

Did not even know I wrote an AIN news alert blog.
By the way, I think owners are the key to this company surviving, not pilots. My point is not to downgrade pilots but to stress the absolute need to get the company moving on the marketing and sales side, to stop further attrition besides what is going ot be lost over the economy. The economic indicators right now suck to use a technical term and it does not bode well for a company that does not have all cylinders running. Paying pilots more is not a solution to the bigger problems.

More owners are the key to our companies success, goes without question. Where you are missing it is those customers will not stay nor new ones be attracted to a company that is in the throws of a ugly labor dispute. The PILOTS are the most important ingredient toward keeping existing customers, and attracting new ones. If Riccie and company do not settle our negotiation, the dispute rages on, pilots remain unhappy, new customers largely stay away, and existing customers go to other providers when their contracts allow.

We can't control outside factors like the economy but internal problems can be solved. If Riccie allows negotiations to labor on and the pilots dissatisfactions with their job and the company to fester, it will be his fault if we don't survive.

In case you don't know we make half of what the rest of the Fractional industry pilots make. we have far less benefits, we are flying the oldest fleet, and until Riccie came back we had a couple of complete morons running the company. The pilots did not create the dilemma we are in management did. But the pilots are the key to Options solving our problems and making it possible for Options to survive.

"Paying pilots more is not a solution to the bigger problems."

You could not be more wrong. This is the exact solution to our problems and the only thing that will save our company.

Well said 'surfer !

More owners are the key to our companies success, goes without question. Where you are missing it is those customers will not stay nor new ones be attracted to a company that is in the throws of a ugly labor dispute. The PILOTS are the most important ingredient toward keeping existing customers, and attracting new ones. If Riccie and company do not settle our negotiation, the dispute rages on, pilots remain unhappy, new customers largely stay away, and existing customers go to other providers when their contracts allow.

We can't control outside factors like the economy but internal problems can be solved. If Riccie allows negotiations to labor on and the pilots dissatisfactions with their job and the company to fester, it will be his fault if we don't survive.

In case you don't know we make half of what the rest of the Fractional industry pilots make. we have far less benefits, we are flying the oldest fleet, and until Riccie came back we had a couple of complete morons running the company. The pilots did not create the dilemma we are in management did. But the pilots are the key to Options solving our problems and making it possible for Options to survive.

You could not be more wrong. This is the exact solution to our problems and the only thing that will save our company.[/quote]

I just wondered where that money is going to come from...

seek life elswhere skanza.....this board is for fractional pilots to talk about stuff. If we want your opinion we'll give it to you.

go rent a gun a buy a bullet.....

5 years to think about that

You could not be more wrong. This is the exact solution to our problems and the only thing that will save our company.[/quote]

Options management and ownership have had 5 years to think about that and construct a plan to pay pilots what the industry demands.

As I stated in a previous post, like B19, your limited scope and mentality make reasoning with you impossible and a complete waste of time. Your assumptions are childish and many of your statements are incoherent dribble regurgitating in one form or another the same anti union bilge.

Skumza....what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

...I just wondered where that money is going to come from...

This ignorant statement shows just exactly just how much you know about business. How about...
...from the re-branding budget?
...from the re-painting the aircraft budget?
...from the Sony Reader budget?
...from the New EFB's budget?
...by charging the customers enough to cover it instead of subsidizing them out of our pockets?
Shall I go on?

There is nothing wrong with owning the "Value Proposition" part of the market, but the employees shouldn't have to subsidize the clients, who are among the wealthiest 1% of the worlds population. If a company can't afford to pay the employees an industry standard wage, then either they are not charging enough for their product or service or they're mismanaging the money, Period. It is up to management to figure out which, but we aren't competing with companies that use Chinese slave labor you know!

I would acknowledge the point that management got you into this mess and that growth with a disgrunteled pilot group makes things tough.
Still, I go back to the very root of this business when established. It was not supposed to be like Netjets. Maybe that was a mistake but the concept I remember is we are going to do the fractional program at reduced cost. This started with used aircraft of all kinds. There was no go buy a bunch of aircraft from the manufacturer, remarket them for a profit, and keep maintenance costs down.
The whole point of the original scheme was to offer fractional aircraft on the cheap compared to Netjets or Flexjet. When that concept started having some problems it was morphed into something else with Raytheon who could not figure out how to make any money at it either. When Raytheon sold off Hawker, they wanted no part of Flops. On we went to someone else came along to pick the bone and now back to Ricci.
Tell me where along the path there is industry leading anything about this company.
So far, this industry has only one company, Netjets. Everyone else struggles along for a variety of purposes, with none succeeding to any level. I understand you are unhappy that you are not paid what the industry "demands" but the 14 pilots that have been through my office lately are demanding one hell of a lot less.

Good rebuttal 993, logical and to the point. Skanza, you lose any creditability by saying stuff like that on this board. You will always have people like 993 to make you look stupid and uninformed if you post coments like that. I don't know if you just want to antagonize us, but we already have one B-19 causing trouble and making stupid antagonistic responses, please don't make it two.

The simple fact is, moral will not get back to where the owners deserve it be until we get an industry standard pay. I must admit, my moral came up a bit when we were getting positive change from the new management. But that change has stalled, and we are now getting into yet another holiday season with our 1990's type wages. Our pilots are trying to figure out how to make ends meet with the memory of management telling our owners during the holiday season not to tip their pilots because we are well compensated. I fear that the passengers will see that nothing has changed, late aircraft, broken aircraft, 3 tail number changes before departure, grumpy pilots with a lack of desire to not just go the extra mile, but to just get the job done. They will put their money else where next year I'm sorry to say. Why would they risk it, I wouldn't if I were them. You don't pay all this money to see depressed pilots up front flying your family around, and I fear that is all we will have this holiday season, depressed pilots.

Latest resources

Back