• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bet they follow suit and remove all pillows, saving thousands annually! Checkmate, competition... checkmate ;)

It's combi cargo/69 seat whales. They're gonna park them at the hangar in MSP and the 69 pax can ride the shuttle with us back to the terminal. Spectrum's got the school bus on order, the only hold up is the bus drivers want more money because of the larger seat capacity.

Nothing new yet but I can confirm some things. Yes the union signed a gag order, there are a ton of people invovled with this from NWA, Mesaba and MSA ALPA. This would indicate that it is something about a new a/c. Normally I can get more than this from my sources but this time they are being very tight lipped. Partly because they are still talking so there is a very good chance that it won't be announced today since they are not done. Don't be discouraged, it is brewing. On a possible bad note, I did get, like someone else posted, that most will like it but some will not. ??? I don't know why yet.

Any bets that the announcement has something to do with CHQ getting the 70 seat flying and becoming the 3rd NWA Airlink? The NWA pilots are back in negotiations, so maybe it has something to do with an agreement that was made. Maybe they gave up retirement for scope? But, I highly doubt that any BIG announcement would favor XJ or 9E at this stage of the plan, unless you're a MSP captain. Otherwise, why would the MEC droids be forced to sign confidentiality agreements?

But I am sure our MEC is looking out for themselves, so don't worry.

MAIR is up only $.07 so far today.

Seem to know this for sure:

1. New fleet type

2. Involves NWA MEC (could include scope relief and/or bringing in their furloughed boys)

3. We will have to vote on this as a pilot group

4. All parties involved given a gag order

5. XJ training furiously planning to be very busy soon

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back