Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mesaba2425 said:
MAIR is up only $.07 so far today.

It shouldn't go up too much yet. Before its public if any of our people are dumb enough to make a move, it would be insider trading. Unless you "aren't in the know" and then it's just a gamble at this point.

No secret agentman here!

Mel Sharples said:
4. All parties involved given a gag order

I don't think I'll be sharing any personal information with you anytime soon!

Jeff Helgeson said:
Mel Sharples said:
4. All parties involved given a gag order

I don't think I'll be sharing any personal information with you anytime soon!

That wasn't from me, that was from a poster up a few. I was just summarizing what we heard. I didn't hear personally there is a gag order but Monster Buck did.

Thanks for your concern, though.

Okay, I guess I won't have to kill ya, now!

Mel Sharples said:
Jeff Helgeson said:
That wasn't from me, that was from a poster up a few. I was just summarizing what we heard. I didn't hear personally there is a gag order but Monster Buck did.

Thanks for your concern, though.

I can put my ninja disguise away now.

I was just having a little fun at you expense!

Jeff Helgeson said:
Mel Sharples said:
I can put my ninja disguise away now.

I was just having a little fun at you expense!

I figured you were. Isn't that the airline way after all? "Dude, you can't tell anyone this but. . ." I guarantee you three more people will know that secret within five minutes. :)

Telling a pilot a secret and expecting him not to tell is like putting a Playboy under a 15-year-old kids bed and telling him not to look. Not happening....

this probably isn't anything to do with the "BIG NEWS".......but it was in yesterday's Startribune:

03/03/2005
Dispatchers at Mesaba Airlines have rejected a tentative agreement that included annual pay raises.

It's unclear when management and the Transport Workers Union (TWU) will return to the bargaining table.

Tom Wiley, president of TWU Local 543, said Wednesday that rank-and-file dispatchers turned down the agreement on Tuesday, but he declined to release the vote totals.

All 23 Mesaba dispatchers voted on the tentative agreement, but Wiley did not speculate on why a majority rejected it. "We will have meetings with the membership in the relatively near future to discuss those issues," Wiley said.

Eagan-based Mesaba operates regional flights for Northwest Airlines. About a year ago, Mesaba narrowly averted a strike by its pilots. Currently, Mesaba's mechanics are conducting a strike authorization vote.

The existing contract for Mesaba's dispatchers is amendable on May 26. It includes a 15-year pay scale and the top rate is $23 an hour.

When the tentative agreement was announced on Feb. 22, management and the union's leadership stressed the fact that an agreement was reached after only seven bargaining sessions.

"We regret that the expedited process could not produce a ratifiable agreement," Mesaba spokesman Dave Jackson said Wednesday. The two sides will consider a "more traditional and expanded" process for the next round of talks, he said.

Our union entered talks on sunday, yes sunday, they are under gag orders. gag orders are not used when discussions are long winded. nor do they start on a Sunday when they are to be long winded. Thats all for now.

I've got an idea of what the press release may say....

"The Mesaba MEC has entered into agreement with management that will expand the carriers jet fleet. Under the terms of the agreement the pilot group will incur a pay freeze for the remainder of their contracts duration. In return for the givebacks management will place into service at least one new jet."

.....oh, wait a minute. That is so LAST WEEK!

:D :D :D

Latest resources

Back