Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mel Sharples said:
From what I heard today, that may not be so far from the truth. Except it will be Mesaba, Pinnacle, and Champion to fly 70-seaters under a new company and then those people get NWA seniority numbers.

Mel,
You can't just throw that all out in one sentence.

Source? Details?

"Friday, March 4, 2005

Many rumors have been swirling around Mesaba over the past several days, and I want to stress that we have nothing to announce. If we have something that is deemed significant and factual, we will communicate the information, as appropriate. "

From the Mesaba CEO.

CubanSmoker said:
Mel,
You can't just throw that all out in one sentence.

Source? Details?

I'll admit, it's hearsay...

BUT a friend of mine told me this afternoon that he just flew with an f/o who flew with Wychor earlier this week. He swears (again can't be verified, I know) that the deal is about flying 70-seaters for NWA on a new certificate (maybe Chicago Express???). The new entity would have XJ rules, pay to be determined, and would be made up of Pinnacle, Mesaba, and Champion pilots. Those people would then get seniority numbers and graduate to NWA when they hire again (if ever).

My thoughts:

1. Interesting if this is true.
2. The devil is in the details.
3. I have no idea how we could all fly under one banner.

But my friend said that is one the f/o said verbatim and he said he was serious. Now Wychor could be feeding him a line too. I don't know.

So take it for what it's worth.

All I know is this rumor/lack of info is making me insane. I'd just like to know what deciscions are being made about my career.
I hope for the best and expect very little.

cathal said:
All I know is this rumor/lack of info is making me insane. I'd just like to know what deciscions are being made about my career.
I hope for the best and expect very little.

I agree. It's a real kick in the nuts to know something is obviously up (as in the WHOLE MEC getting pulled during integration... the company never lets that happen unless it is in THEIR best interests) and all the union people won't say dick.

So you know SOMETHING is there. But no one will discuss the elephant in the room.

I love Spanjers message: "Nothing is happening. We'll tell you if and when something does." Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Thats twice we've agreed in one thread. One of is is going to have to call the other a butthole soon.

Mel-

Besides sitting by your computer WAY too much, are you on crack?

Do you really think that NWA would take on their Sen. list all the pilots that Mesaba and Pinn. have hired, just because they are there.

Without going through the interview process?

I don't think some Gulfstream PFT will have a # at NWA, even though I would say that might be worth the 100K they paid.

Habib said:
Do you really think that NWA would take on their Sen. list all the pilots that Mesaba and Pinn. have hired, just because they are there.

Without going through the interview process?

Uhh... YES, it's called a "flow through." They actually discussed it off and on for a few years. And YES, by being on the list you can get a number. I don't know if NWA would have any say in it or not, but that has never come up before.

I also said that is what I HEARD, not what I want or think.

You obviously spend enough time here yourself. You'd think you could read better.

Mel Sharples said:
From what I heard today, that may not be so far from the truth. Except it will be Mesaba, Pinnacle, and Champion to fly 70-seaters under a new company and then those people get NWA seniority numbers.

That rumor is at least a month old. It strikes me funny that Wychor is the only one who knows anything about as it invovles all three Northwest sweatshops. The Pinnacle MEC and the Champion MEC know nothing about it.

Latest resources

Back