• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who would not want this to happen if they were flying a red tail, it is ok to admit you want this, I would.

You clearly have a hard-on for this or you would not have put 17/80 posts on here.

Just don't lie, man.

Plus, your avatar is making me sick, Ironicly true though.

Who would not trus their kid with him?

Sorry guys,

I hate to ruin your fun BUT...the NWA MEC, while working on a plan for 70 seaters, has COME TO NO AGREEMENT with the company for aircraft to be flown and HAS NOT BEEN meeting with either the XJ, 9E or any other MECs in regard to additional aircraft, 70 seaters, flow through or any other matter. This is the official word.

Without an agreement from the NWA MEC, there are no 70 seaters...period...end of story. They can buy them, but unless there is an agreement OR NWA pilots flying them, they will be very pretty chock anchors. Anything else is pure BS.

If and when any agreement is made, you can bet that NWA pilots will have first dibs on any seats. The 70 seat subject is VERY sensitive, especially with guys on the street. The NWA MEC is in a position to dictate terms on this, so if the company really wants them, then they will have to agree to terms.

Nu

Ok Mr. Nu

What about another airline? Do NWA pilots "own their precious scope" on United or AWA?

Have fun flying those 70 seaters at less than regional rates... because that is what you will have to do to afford NWA mechanics, FA, Ramp agents that make 3 times the pay of a similar regional airline employees.

How about them apples

He was only trying to provide mainline perspective. He may be right, he may wrong. But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for.
No need to jump all over him. He knows no more than anyone else, according to that post.

needsumluv said:
Ok Mr. Nu

What about another airline? Do NWA pilots "own their precious scope" on United or AWA?

Have fun flying those 70 seaters at less than regional rates... because that is what you will have to do to afford NWA mechanics, FA, Ramp agents that make 3 times the pay of a similar regional airline employees.

How about them apples

Hey Toolboy,

What I should have said is "There won't be any 70 seaters flying for NWA without an agreement", and personally, thats all we care about.

Besides, from your profile, what do you care anyway? Besides, if SWA conquers the world, there won't be any RJs, Saabs or regional airlines anyway....

Nu

Hey Nu Guy support your statement as this is official word. What MEC are you on? Why don't you just let us have a couple days of fun and think the sky will turn from grey to blue at XJ. The official word I heard is NWA will fly 70-90 seaters at the expense of there pension. I hope the 401K is better at NWA than at the regionals. Until you can support your official statement I think you are full of B.S.

Hey man,

That's the word I got today. There have been NO discussions with XJ, 9E or anyone else. The XJ/9E MECs may be meeting with their respective managements, but its not with the NWA MEC, and they have no idea what its about if they are. Without an agreement from the NWA pilots, the whole point is moot if its about flying under the NW code.

As far as sacrificing the pension for 70 seats...I don't know if I would go that far. There are discussions regarding the pension issue, but those talks are in no way related to the 70 seat talks.

Last word I heard, its either NWA pilots driving the metal, or forget the whole thing, we'll see you in 2 years. UAL, DAL and the others didn't really have a super big 100 seat category as a percentage of total airframes, but with 130+ DC-9-30s (100 seats), you can bet this is the third rail at NWA.

If you think I'm full of poop, then get in F@#in line, there are alot of people in front of you. It doesn't change the facts.

Nu

NuGuy said:
Last word I heard, its either NWA pilots driving the metal, or forget the whole thing

Nu

Talk is cheap I think.

The fact is NWA MGMT wants 70 seaters and they sure as heck don't want them flown by mainline. That is were the regionals come in.....

With your company 7 billion dollars in debt plus 3.9 billion owed in pension obligations you pretty much have to do what your MGMT says.

So you will come crying down to some regional about how you own your 70 seat flying and now you will release it with a jet for job deal or something like that.

This is inevitable.

You obviously are in the not know because your company has already begun negotiations on the 70 seaters as of FEB.

Latest resources

Back