Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Napoleon TNT said:
Isn't there a line in "Office Space" about giving bad news only on friday's because it decreases the chances of a bad, disgruntled employee incident?

Yeahhhhhh... did you get the Memo? And are you available to work on Saturday, cause I need you to come in on Saturday?

Ok so apparently all of Mesaba's MEC reps have been pulled off line this week and told to sign confidentiality agreements. And word has it that NWA, Mesaba, and both MECs had a big pow wow this week.

And AIRinc newsletter/publication, etc apparently published some info about Mesaba stepping up it's training to 30/month due to a large delivery of unspecified type and amount of aicraft. Some Mesaba pilots called AIR inc to find out who the sources are and AIRinc would not divulge any info.

I haven't seen the crewrooms buzzing this much in a LONG LONG time. Glad the rumormill is back in motion!

After hours MAIR quote shows a bid of $10.50. The stock closed at $9.10 so a bid of $10.50 is a pretty big jump. Somebody knows something but no official word yet.

Maybe you guys are taking AWAC's flying on the United side. Did Mesaba put in a bid for it? We at AWAC think there will be an announcement about a big reduction in our UAL flying tomorrow. Sucks

Last edited:
After hours MAIR quote shows a bid of $10.50. The stock closed at $9.10 so a bid of $10.50 is a pretty big jump. Somebody knows something but no official word yet.

I saw $10.05, where did you see $10.50?

Is anybody else worried that Tommy W. and the rest of the guys are going to sell the farm and then pass it off like the contract. Sign it or we are going to get punished. I am not willing to give up one nickel for growth. It's time we try to at least hold the bar up. Everytime some body lowers the bar indirectly it effects each regional pilot out there. Why is the name Frank Lorenzo coming to mind.

Waylon said:
Is anybody else worried that Tommy W. and the rest of the guys are going to sell the farm and then pass it off like the contract. Sign it or we are going to get punished. I am not willing to give up one nickel for growth. It's time we try to at least hold the bar up. Everytime some body lowers the bar indirectly it effects each regional pilot out there. Why is the name Frank Lorenzo coming to mind.

Yes I am worried along with many others, as from what I understand we, the pilotgroup, would not be able to participate in an LOA-type vote- it's all MEC. Sure we could call em and tell them to shove it, but why would a nearly all Captain MEC care? Especially if Tom "G". our buddy from 1996 who sold the FOs down the river.....

My best guess is a flow-through/back agreement, throw in 70-90 seaters, fence/seniority protections, and a whole lot of complex contract language... at the cost of one or more pilot groups i.e. FOs? Seatlocks, etc...

To add fuel to the fire, rumor has it, this "Big announcement" will please some and disappointment others. Guess we can't win 'em all.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back