Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cathal said:
That's been my real guess for several months Mel. Don't tell me we've found something in common.
No ill will or hard feelings.

Yeah, well, after I got off my high-horse last night and got back on my medication I calmed down. Now I can focus on the important stuff, like rumors.

It's all good, man. No hard feelings here either. :)

flyn96 said:
I did get a call from a bud on a ski trip and he heard that ALL the union folks were just forced to sign some form of gag order.

Anyone have more on that??????

Friend of mine heard from his buddy who is in the union that it has something to do with NWA, XJ, and 9E and it will involve 70-seaters and flow-through.

Obviously I can't verify this officially but that is what it is looking like.

I've been saving a goat to sacrifice at just the right time. I might even paint it's blood over my doorway this evening. Anyone want to join me?

A friend of mine in the XJ training dept. said all hell is breaking loose over there. They are being told to get ready to be busier than they have been in awhile.

Something do to with a new, bigger plane that will be announced on Friday.

AHHHHHHHHHH!

Mel Sharples said:
A friend of mine in the XJ training dept. said all hell is breaking loose over there. They are being told to get ready to be busier than they have been in awhile.

AHHHHHHHHHH!

Yep...busy training all the downgraded Avro pilots to the SAAB!!

Mel Sharples said:
I just found out what it is: The dispatchers voted no to their contract. The cooling off period starts tomorrow and ends Friday afternoon. They will be on strike by Saturday.

Mel,
My sister's, brother's, neighbor's, cousin's, best friend's, former roommate said that according to a recent Star Trib article, the dispatcher's contract isn't ammendable until May 26th. So I guess a strike is out for Saturday...

CubanSmoker said:
Mel,
My sister's, brother's, neighbor's, cousin's, best friend's, former roommate said that according to a recent Star Trib article, the dispatcher's contract isn't ammendable until May 26th. So I guess a strike is out for Saturday...

Dang... and I had plans for Saturday. Guess I'll be flying now.

Maybe they can bring in "replacement dispatchers". I'm sure they can do just as good a job of not being by the radio. ;)

And Homer, we're growing not shrinking. But thanks for your attempt at humor.

They'll have that crap outsourced to India so fast, we'll have Air India Radio replacing Delta Radio on Monday.
Which is a crying shame. I hope you guys get what you want, and I hope we're getting a bunch of new A/C.

Mel Sharples said:
The big announcement of Friday...

Isn't there a line in "Office Space" about giving bad news only on friday's because it decreases the chances of a bad, disgruntled employee incident?

Latest resources

Back