• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Mesaba to surrender thirty-five 69-seat Avro's to NWA in exchange for same number of 70-seat CRJs..." (Mesaba management's idea of growth.)

- MM

Last edited:
I just found out what it is: The dispatchers voted no to their contract. The cooling off period starts tomorrow and ends Friday afternoon. They will be on strike by Saturday.

Mel Sharples said:
I just found out what it is: The dispatchers voted no to their contract. The cooling off period starts tomorrow and ends Friday afternoon. They will be on strike by Saturday.

Yup I heard it too, all 23 of them are gonna shut down the airline. The cooling off period is much shorter due the very small number of dispatchers.

cathal said:
Combi cargo and 69 seat whales.

Now that's funny. :)

I did hear something is coming involving NWA from three different people... something about a possible 70 seat agreement. That is the rumor going around now, anyway. Something about replacing the Avro's with a new 70 seater.

Any union types hear anything???

That's been my real guess for several months Mel. Don't tell me we've found something in common.
No ill will or hard feelings.

Last edited:
I heard SkyWest is going to replace Mesaba's Avros with CRJ's and Mesaba is only going to fly the Saabs.

I did get a call from a bud on a ski trip and he heard that ALL the union folks were just forced to sign some form of gag order.

Anyone have more on that??????

Latest resources

Back