Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats up j-man?

Hey dude,

What's up. I am glad I am not at MG anymore. A lot more stress free here even though we have our own basket 'o problems. Just glad to be away from the ole NWA mentaility. More days off and more pay for less work...me likey that. Even though I wished I could have been the skipper on the 72, I just couldn't hang around anymore and the though of commuting to reserve just did not sit well with me anymore. What little goodwill I had left was beyond used up. Gee, I dont what I'll do with Darcy screaming at me on a daily basis.

Later...

N524UP Started out with:
Air IndiaVt-EFJ
Cargo Lux
Tower Air N104TR
UPS N524UP
Polar Air N105TR
Trade Winds N524UP

Unless A300 Capt are willinng to go as F/O on the 74 im about as qualified as youll get from the pool as F/O s. But dont worry im gonna stay here at my current job were i make more than you as a Capt plus i wouldnt wanna go and pinpoint all your errors. hahahahahahahahaha. with all your qualifications and still at tradewinds, something must be wrong.

Unless A300 Capt are willinng to go as F/O on the 74 im about as qualified as youll get from the pool as F/O s.

Wow, if your are as qualified as they come...I didn't know the A-300 program was in that much of a dire straight.

By the way Mr Theodude those mins published are an excuse so guys cant transition and all you 747 crybabies wont go down in seniority. 5000ttl 1000PIC Jet with those mins who in the hell would stay at Tradewinds unless you have something in your past.
Tradewinds transitions mins higher than
Focus
Southern
Arrow
cathay
eva
China airlines
Signapore cargo
Ana
Airtran
Miami air
Just to mention a few

Hmmmmmmmmm what a way to hire people off the street and and forget the 40 plus guys on the street

What percentage of the bus pilots do you think meet those numbers? I would think most. Which number do you think disqualifies most of the potential transitioners?

Just saw in another thread that there may be a bunch of Atlas guys with 74 classic type-ratings on the street looking for work.

Last edited:
So what are you saying Mr Draginass that tradewinds should blow off the seniority list and hire the atlas guys.

Not necessarily. Just wanted to know about what the stats are. Looking at the seniority list, it looks like there are a lot of FOs that were passed over for Captain on the bus. Wondering why that is.

I agree that you should stay with what you got if you have a good gig now. The ups and mostly downs of the 74 side are dispiriting. If a 300 guy can hold on without getting furloughed, I'd recommend that they sit tight and wait for a new fleet type to bid onto rather than get locked into the 74s. Quality of life on the 74s is getting worse by the month.

Last edited:
The only F/O that that was turned down for the upgrade was on the current list transitioned to the 747 and he is on the top of the list. As far as new equipment your very hopeful. I was called back in november to fly december and the promiss that i would not be laid off. People senior to me were put on the street. Of course i wasnt stupid enough to believe them and also had insider info that 2 a300b4s were being sold in turkey.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back