• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Massive furloughs at Tradewinds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We knew the Airbus furloughs were comming since a few of them are being parked and possibly sold, so no surprise there.

As far as the 747 goes, we hear that the furlough should be short term...maybe as much as 90 days. We supposedly have a new contatct starting in March as hopefully recapturing another contract.

Supposedly a few select guys from the airbus are going to be allowed to trainstion over to the 747.

Hopefully no more off the street Capts either.

A lot longer than 90 days, I'm thinkin'.

Mr CSY and Theodude. Talking nonsense again. Both of you should even be on the property since they furloughed out of seniority. And as for Ding dong FO how about ding dong Capt who kissed up for an upgrade and cant go anywhere else because of their shady past. Most captain have been fired from someplace else.

Freddie, are you trying to pick a fight again. The last furlough on the 747 was out of senority but I didn't see and Airbus guys go anywhere. Hmm. Are you upset because you are having trouble converting your FAA tickets to another country and getting the run-around.

Once again, I will tell you what I was told when I came here. The 2 fleets are pretty much going to be operated seperalty and only a select few guys from the airbus are coming over. Well, I was already employed by another carrier and I was assured the the transintion guys were about done. So I jumped ship and came over.
I am assuming it will proabaly be the same way when we get 777 or 767 or intergalactic space ships.

If they had furloughed in senority, the 747 fleet would have been decimated and 3/4 of the guys would be gone and I bet most would not come back. Think of all the training cost, it would be astronomical and the 747 would move for at least 3-4 months not to mention the problem of not having ANY check airmen.

If you want a real senority list, then spearhead a union. Until then the senority list is at the mercy of managment. I have worked at a company that began removing a fleet from service, even though I was the #2 Capt in the airplane and fairly senoir overall. I still got the axe even though I was senority to all of the F/Os and some of the capt in the other airframe. So I have been there before. Dont look for any sympathy here.

With a new chief pilot and new management I would expect to see some changes in the next 3-6 months. As you proablby alrady know, TDX is looking to get out of the A-300. So, would expect to see even more furloughs on that side until more airplanes are added. Not to mention the fact that there will probably be 3-5 747 capt leaving by the end of the year if not sooner.

As far as most of the capts having a shady past. It might be that way on the Airbus but most of the 747 guys are furloughed from somewhere and are just waiting to get the callback. Believe it or not most of the 747 crews don't have a shady past and are waiting for things to open back up to get a good job.

Just remember, this ain't frikin' Delta...what happens happens. We ain't a real airline.

Last edited:
1. I have already converted and currently flying for a JAA carrier, took a LOA since I saw the writing on the wall.
2. Nothing will change till our CEO decides to retire and takes his useless management team with him. New Director of Ops, New Chief Pilot same xmas furloughs. What will GE do with the certificate is a good question.

Mr CSY and Theodude. Talking nonsense again. Both of you should even be on the property since they furloughed out of seniority.

Nonsense?
Read yer sentence again.

Most captain have been fired from someplace else.

Pretty tall statement, got any facts to back it up?

Right off the top of my head, of the Captains hired direct to the 747 there are 5 ex/retired USAF/USN pilots, 4 American Airlines furloughees (all from the 757/767), a retired Delta captain, 2 ex-Tower Air captains, and an ex-Chilean USAF/Lan Chile captain. Nobody got fired from anywhere.

Don't know about the Airbus transition guys or the direct new hires from this fall.

1.Fired from Fedex, Fired from cathay pacific ,fired from jetblue and air jamaica. JUST TO NAME A FEW

Are you guys still flying N524UP? What a complete and total POS that plane was. I was so glad to see it go. UPS spent $MILLIONS getting that thing somewhat up to our standards. That what happens to an airplane that spends any time in the service of Tower Air.

Are you guys still flying N524UP? What a complete and total POS that plane was. I was so glad to see it go. UPS spent $MILLIONS getting that thing somewhat up to our standards. That what happens to an airplane that spends any time in the service of Tower Air.

Ok there flamebaiter/ aka GuppyKiller/Thegout/and a few other names. You been out searching the aircraft leases again? I am surprised you didn't list a few other places that airframe has been. Yes, we got rid of 524 last summer.

We know you do not work for UPS, Tower or AA. You might want to consider dropping the screen name 80for80. I know a few AA capts that would kick your butt just for mentioning that and rightfully so

Latest resources

Back