Massive furloughs at Tradewinds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats up j-man?

That what happens to an airplane that spends any time in the service of Tower Air.

Huh, did Tower Air use 524..?

News to me, but maybe so.
What was the FF tailnumber back then?

Ok there flamebaiter/ aka GuppyKiller/Thegout/and a few other names. You been out searching the aircraft leases again? I am surprised you didn't list a few other places that airframe has been. Yes, we got rid of 524 last summer.

We know you do not work for UPS, Tower or AA. You might want to consider dropping the screen name 80for80. I know a few AA capts that would kick your butt just for mentioning that and rightfully so

Hate to break it to you, but I used to fly 524. It is an oddball -200. We jokingly referred to it as a -150. It had J series JT9 engines. Totally different weights than the rest of our -200s.

I SORRY TO INFORM YOU GUYS THE GUYS FIRED FROM FEDEX CATHAY JETBLUE AIRJAMAICA ARE ON THE 747 SIDE. CHECK WITH HUMAN RESOURCES. pLUS ON THE AIRBUS SIDE WE LOST ONE OUT OF TWO CONTRACTS NOT 4 OUT 5 AND THE ONE LEFT IS BORDERLINE.

We jokingly referred to it as a -150. It had J series JT9 engines. Totally different weights than the rest of our -200s.
user_online.gif

Yup, we had a -150 over at Tower Air...613, or 615 was it?
Same bird..(Turd) ?

I SORRY TO INFORM YOU GUYS THE GUYS FIRED FROM FEDEX CATHAY JETBLUE AIRJAMAICA ARE ON THE 747 SIDE. CHECK WITH HUMAN RESOURCES. pLUS ON THE AIRBUS SIDE WE LOST ONE OUT OF TWO CONTRACTS NOT 4 OUT 5 AND THE ONE LEFT IS BORDERLINE.

We had an Air Jamaica guy on the 747 fleet for a while.
He came from the Airbus side after having flown capt there a few years.
I tried to train him, but refused to sign him off.
After 100 hours IOE he got signed off as an F/O, barely.
He got fired 6 months ago anyway.

Not sure he represents the direct hire capts on the 747 fleet?

Don't know the ex- FedEx, JetBlue or Cathay guy ya are talking about:
They got fired from their previous company, then came here as a direct entry captain on the B-747?

Don't think so....

Mr Csy Yes they did. And as for blaming transition guys for Tradewinds 747 bleeps and blunders asa far as I know the Pic on the Mde accident wasnt a transition boy, even worse he was a in house upgrade. Did you refuse to sign him off also. If Tradewinds would have used transition guys initially they wouldnt be the MIGHTY DUCKS of the 121 supplemental 747 operators.

If Tradewinds would have used transition guys initially they wouldnt be the MIGHTY DUCKS of the 121 supplemental 747 operators.

They should have asked you when they introduced the 747 fleet, and all problems would have been avoided.? :rolleyes:

Hey Freddie,
I just talked to a little birdie to today and the 747 training program is about to open up for a select few. Some will be allowed to make the transition to the A-300 to the F/O seat in the 747, provided they meet certain criteria. The letter should be going out shortly. But here is the best part. You proabaly still don't qualify as the mins are quite high....hahahaha.

Latest resources

Back