• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for Fed Ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he thinks he needs to leave, he should. We only want people who WANT to be HERE. You come to SWA to work for SWA. I am not going to get in to a my company is better than your argument. They are both AWSOME! It is all about what you want out of your career and the kind of flying you like.

it really is nice not having to deal with any people (pax or FA's).

quote]

To me, that's the biggest difference between someone who'd be happy flying freight and someone who wouldn't.

Personally, I LIKE dealing with people, the job wouldn't be nearly as much fun for me if I didn't get to interact with the passengers and the FA's. (And I don't just mean at the room parties in TPA & LAS) :)

[

Personally, I LIKE dealing with people, the job wouldn't be nearly as much fun for me if I didn't get to interact with the passengers and the FA's. :)

LOL! That's funny to me. What's fun is reading In Touch instead of explaining myself to a bunch of whiners during a delay.

If he thinks he needs to leave, he should. We only want people who WANT to be HERE. You come to SWA to work for SWA. I am not going to get in to a my company is better than your argument. They are both AWSOME! It is all about what you want out of your career and the kind of flying you like.

He didn't say he needed to leave, he just asked for opinions on what others thought he should do. Why in the world would you take someone considering one job over another personally? Would it really offend you if he decided that he liked the idea of flying at FDX better than SWA? If so, then WTF?? Why?? If someone told me they were leaving FDX for AA, UA, DAL, UPS, SWA, or even to tend bar at the local watering hole I wouldn't care in the least, much less rag on him for it. It's all about what works for him and his family. Does he fly F-16's in the reserves at Luke? Then stick with SWA. Does he have family in Little Rock? Then maybe FDX is the way to go. Does he want to commute? Fly at night? Fly during the day? Meet F/As? Walk through the terminal with a funny hat? Do walkarounds at 0330 in Buffalo? There's a lot of variables that go into a decision like that - and they're all personal to him or her and nothing to do with anyone else who works there.

Personally, yes. The pay is better (for now) and the company is growing by leaps and bounds. Medical is good, the retirement is still there (for now), the vacation is great, the mil leave policy is great, the work rules are some of the best in the industry, the people who work there are great. The biggest factor, however, is that you saw how UPS and FDX did in the years after 9/11. You also saw how the pax carriers did. I also personally think FDX is difficult to commute to (which is why I'm moving to planet MEM next year) and you will also do your fair share of night flying in the beginning. However, there is alot of day flying for those who want it. My .02.

You're right SWA lost so much money after 9-11. I can't believe they made it through and are still flying.

Latest resources

Back