• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for Fed Ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You and Whataburger are just like the DAL and AA arrogant pilots of old. You call yourselves such motivated and people friendly individuals, but you blast this guy and tell him basically to get lost.

This guy is simply asking a question. He is probably great to fly with and a nice guy. But since he might leave you decide he's an enemy and should now be despised.

I'll let you in on something. Everyone has tough choices to make in life. This guy is no less a good guy for making one. You guys are way too judgmental.

Jackasses....

I guess calling someone a Jackass isn't considered judgemental in FlyBoeingJets world.

If he thinks he needs to leave, he should. We only want people who WANT to be HERE. You come to SWA to work for SWA.

These zealot type responses are freakin ridiculous. Yeah, anyone who ever thinks about leaving Southwest should be drawn and quartered. You guys sound like Nazis.

Now, back to the original question. Lowpay: Why are you asking this question?? Do you currently work for Southwest and have a job offer from FedEX? Or did you just feel like starting a completely pointless thread?

If you are a less than 1 year employee at Southwest, and are hired by FedEX and waiting for a class, then you have a choice to make.

The question is legit.

I know of at least 2 SWA FOs who left this summer to accept 727 training slots at FEDEX.

Both applied to FEDEX before they were interviewed and hired by SWA --- in both cases the meet-n-greet, interview and call to initial training were just spread out too far for them to come to FEDEX first.

They both had good experiences at SWA, but it wasn't good enough to keep them from coming to FEDEX given their personal situations.

I also have had buddies who got on with SWA and then declined FEDEX interviews once offered.

Both are great companies --- but in two distinct industries -- they both just happen to use aircraft and employ pilots.

I think there are many distinct pros with both companies, and in the end it is about what's best for you and your family.

Just like in the military --- if/when a pilot choses to leave --- I think, we should all shake their hand and tell them "thanks" for their service, regardless if they make it all the way to retirement.

Aloha

The question is legit.

I know of at least 2 SWA FOs who left this summer to accept 727 training slots at FEDEX.

Both applied to FEDEX before they were interviewed and hired by SWA --- in both cases the meet-n-greet, interview and call to initial training were just spread out too far for them to come to FEDEX first.

They both had good experiences at SWA, but it wasn't good enough to keep them from coming to FEDEX given their personal situations.

I also have had buddies who got on with SWA and then declined FEDEX interviews once offered.

Both are great companies --- but in two distinct industries -- they both just happen to use aircraft and employ pilots.

I think there are many distinct pros with both companies, and in the end it is about what's best for you and your family.

Just like in the military --- if/when a pilot choses to leave --- I think, we should all shake their hand and tell them "thanks" for their service, regardless if they make it all the way to retirement.

Aloha

AMEN BROTHER!!!

The question is legit, if the original poster has this choice in the 1st place. Otherwise, you're just starting a pointless argument. Though it is entertaining to hear the Nazi-Zealots start yelling "IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT WANTING TO LEAVE SOUTHWEST, THEN LEAVE NOW! WE DON'T NEED YOUR KIND AROUND HERE!"

A couple of guys have asked the original poster if he actually is in this situation, and he has not answered.

Last edited:
Practical question...

How did your training go at SW? Did you breeze through it, or did you find it difficult? Bottom line is are you absolutely sure you'll get through FedEx training? Hope you don't take it as an insult and I'm not trying to be a wise guy--just self-evaluate because a "see-ya" at SW followed by a wash-out at FedEx would be a life-altering experience... respectfully, ws.

duece and propjob-
Our culture is a big issue here. In order to protect it, we must have employees who want to be here. I don't wan't the guy sitting next to me to wishing he/she were somewhere else. He won't take as much pride in his/her job here.

Propjob- the name calling is real mature. You lost any credibility you may have had here.

Latest resources

Back