• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for Fed Ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only my first month on the line was I forced to fly at night. The rest has been afternoon reserve. I was able to hold daytime lines at about month 5-6. This is riding the monkey panel. In the right seat it will go a little more senior but with all the movement lately shouldn't take anytime at all. If you decide to live here (MEM) then that is going to equal actually flying about 4 out of 15 days on reserve. So if you like the time off then giddy up. But if flying 15 days a month 4-6 legs a day more suits you then go to SWA... :p

Funny how this always breaks down along the lines of where the responder works... my dad can beat up your dad stuff. Unless you have worked at both, you will never know which one will better suit. Noone knows the future. I wouldn't leave either for the other, it's just like lane jumping in the store... usually doesn't work. Didn't you see the opening scene of Office Space?

The thing about being a professional pilot is that one day you will grow up and realize that what you fly or where you go just don't matter. You can always spend more than you make, no matter what the pay. There's a whole lot of things to do in life outside of aviation, and either of these jobs will give you time, flexibility, and sufficient money to enjoy it; don't waste it chasing the elusive perfect job. If you are the guy who would leave one for the other, unless it's a compelling personal factor such as location, you ought to take a good look at yourself because you are heading for a life of frustrating greener grass syndrome.

Dude, I think I agree with SWA/FO!

If you are really wondering where you should be, please go to FedEx. You will like it there. The worst decision you could make is stay and wonder what it would be like. In four years (or whenever) when SWA does something that you don't like, you'll be the guy who b!tches and moans about your 'one shot' that you passed up. You’ll be ‘that guy’ who spreads the negativity and brings everyone down. Please go and give FedEx a shot, cuz there a lot of guys who would love to be in your SWA shoes, and oh yeah, REALLY want to be here.

Either way, enjoy it. You have a wonderful opportunity and an awesome decision to make. Good Luck –BD32

The grass isn’t always greener…

I haven't read any of the replies to this post, and frankly I don't give a hoot, but I know a dude who wants to leave FedEx for SWA.

The grass is always greener...

I think you should post some more links to the Japan pilot job website. You don't have enough listed on the forums yet.

:rolleyes:

O.K., just to paraphrase most of the responses on this thread:

FedEx guys: "We like it here. You can pretty much do whatever type of flying you want. Good luck".

SWA guys: "F you. Go to FedEx".

Did I miss anything?

PIPE

O.K., just to paraphrase most of the responses on this thread:

FedEx guys: "We like it here. You can pretty much do whatever type of flying you want. Good luck".

SWA guys: "F you. Go to FedEx".

Did I miss anything?

PIPE

Read the question... if it were reversed, leave FEDEX for SWA, then responses would be different.

Latest resources

Back