• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for Fed Ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HE DOES NOT HAVE AN EMPLOYEE NUMBER AT SWA, yet. (caps off) He is not on the property yet - fact.

Our culture is a big issue here. In order to protect it, we must have employees who want to be here. I don't wan't the guy sitting next to me to wishing he/she were somewhere else. He won't take as much pride in his/her job here.

culture? protect it? Come on man, it's a job not a religious experience.

You go with whomever hired you first. More than one to choose from? Then go with the one that works best for YOUR situation. The guy just asked a question.

Are you familiar with what it feels like to fly night cargo. I recently had an old acquaintance call. He has been at UPS for the last year. "The schedule is much more difficult than I expected. I hate going to work now." These were his statements. He had no previous cargo experience. Even though I believe that he is in a great spot, he lives in domicile, he really wanted the opportunity to fly at SWA. He now feels stuck at UPS. Sounds to me like a great place to be stuck.

He'll feel better when that big raise kicks in and he moves into that big new house. Then the schedule will still suck and the house payment will be bigger. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.

If you were a new hire with less than a year of service at SWA and offered a job at Fed Ex would you go

Its up to you however, I wouldn't take any advice from anyone on this board. You have to know people at Fedex, why would you be asking here with all kinds of people with different agendas? Just my .02.

Its up to you however, I wouldn't take any advice from anyone on this board. You have to know people at Fedex, why would you be asking here with all kinds of people with different agendas? Just my .02.

Good question, I am guessing its because he is a JACK AZZ and no mater where he goes he will not be happy.

this guy doesn't work at SWA. If he did he wouldn't be worried about his job security tied to fuel hedges. please.....

You're kidding right. He!! yes is the correct answer. FedEx=more time off, more pay, more stability, and best of all no passengers. I'll admit Southwest is a better place than where I work......well, mostly. FedEx though, come on guys get real.

How long before you can do the day side, though. I'm sure that goes ultra-senior, doesn't it?

After about 6 months I would never have had to fly at night again. I'd have been going to crappy places like Great Falls and such, but it was day time.

You only have to be junior once, every other time is up to you.

I whole-heartedly agree with the recent post--don't listen to anybody on this board...stick with the guys that you know at each company, then sort through the bs and decide--if you even have the choice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back