Latest DAL/NWA arbitration debates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[ You fail to see the big picture here---you got a large raise,

NEVER been mentioned in an arbitrators award. Raises are temporary, seniority forever. DAL pilots didn't give us a raise, DAL did. You already had yours with LOA 19 (remember the one that you left us out of)

you fly a lot of smaller, older planes that none of us want to fly,

NEVER been mentioned in an arbitrators award. Do you mean the most profitable airplane in the newly combined fleet, the DC-9? Yup, we fly those.

while we are bringing more and newer metal to the dance, that pay more.

"merger of equals", already a moot point with this arbitration panel. Never been mentioned in an arbitrators award. Stop making this so easy for me.

You can't see it...... I bet the arbitrators can.

Still wondering why they wanted a presentation of a dynamic list? Just keep sticking to your proposal, General. Don't move an inch. Ask the USAIR guys how that worked for them.

Your problem is you talk out both sides. One post it's "I hope we get more 747-200/DC-9's so we can grow", then 2 posts later it's "you are going to park all your DC-9's and freighters, I know, I have seen the memo" Truth is, you are scared and I truly understand that after reading all the testimony.

NEVER been mentioned in an arbitrators award. Raises are temporary, seniority forever. DAL pilots didn't give us a raise, DAL did. You already had yours with LOA 19 (remember the one that you left us out of)

NEVER been mentioned in an arbitrators award. Do you mean the most profitable airplane in the newly combined fleet, the DC-9? Yup, we fly those.
Ask the USAIR guys how that worked for them.
Are you Tanker Clown?

Pay and equipment have been the cornerstone of very merger and the very definition of status quo in merger methodology and in ALPA's merger goals. I posted that quote earlier from ALPA's Merger Policy.

You claim a DC9 makes more money than a 777, or a 767? Really? Please post those numbers and a source.

You can ask YOUR ATTORNEY about US Air, he is the same Counsel they used for their arbitration. Give him a call, scooter, and let us know will ya' ?

But remember one thing. If DAL did not keep the bar up, and in fact raise it with LOA 19, there would have been no charted ground for the NWA pay rates and work rules to rise to.

I said YOU needed to look at the big picture and quit crying, not the arbitrators. Did we leave you out of LOA19? Wasn't Stevens in Mexico enjoying himself at the time? Maybe he was wondering about any furloughs you guys were going to incur?

NEVER been mentioned in an arbitrators award. Do you mean the most profitable airplane in the newly combined fleet, the DC-9? Yup, we fly those. Size of planes don't matter? Tell RH that, he has been debunking your A330 myth during this last hearing. He also has been talking about our pay rates going into the merger. Remember what your Captain Av said about "the money...."

"merger of equals", already a moot point with this arbitration panel. Never been mentioned in an arbitrators award. Stop making this so easy for me.

Making it easy for you? You need to tell your people at the hearing to stop making my job so easy. Wow, great sound bites.. I have never heard so many "No, I don't believe so" sound bites from your people after our lawyer asks them if what they are proposing has EVER been done before.

Still wondering why they wanted a presentation of a dynamic list? Just keep sticking to your proposal, General. Don't move an inch. Ask the USAIR guys how that worked for them. Our proposal was correct from the beginning. Did you see when Bloch told our lawyer he didn't have to ask anymore questions about your dynamic list? I could post it for you.

Your problem is you talk out both sides. One post it's "I hope we get more 747-200/DC-9's so we can grow", then 2 posts later it's "you are going to park all your DC-9's and freighters, I know, I have seen the memo" Truth is, you are scared and I truly understand that after reading all the testimony. I want us to grow and have a mainline, but I don't want our pilots to have to bid the DC9, your guys can continue to fly them and enjoy them. Great. Our guys shouldn't have to. That is the key. I like mainline planes, but you can fly the old ones that aren't LNAV or VNAV capable. If you like that type of flying, go for it. And, those 742s may not be here soon, and if that is the truth, I don't want our guys to be affected by what your guys brought to the table. It should affect you. It is great that 1 of your pax 742s was picked up by the CRAF. How about the rest of them? How are other cargo carriers doing? How many 742Fs are out there flying regularly to Asia? Not many.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Bye Bye---General Lee

Attention all Delta Pilots: The DC9 is just another airplane. You don't need to be afraid of it. I'm sure after a few sim periods and after a few trips, you will do just fine. You guys are still pilots right? If you're that scared, go out to your local FBO and rent a Cessna to get back the feel of really flying an airplane.

NWA has some of the best instructors and a great training program to get you through your checkout on the DC9.

Attention all Delta Pilots: The DC9 is just another airplane. You don't need to be afraid of it. I'm sure after a few sim periods and after a few trips, you will do just fine. You guys are still pilots right? If you're that scared, go out to your local FBO and rent a Cessna to get back the feel of really flying an airplane.

NWA has some of the best instructors and a great training program to get you through your checkout on the DC9.

The scary part is that all its assembly line sibblings have been frosty beverage containers for many, many years now.

I'm worried it will never be over, even after the "decision". Lawsuits in the near future is my prediction, a shame really.
So far, this has been one of the cleanest mergers ever. Unless ALPA pulls out some really boneheaded last second agreement that throws a particular segment of the seniority list under the bus, I don't see a Cause of Action.

If ALPA violates DFR, yeah, they'll get sued. I'm sure Prater realizes that and knows that screwing either side would result in a decertification drive.

Latest resources

Back