• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really?? I know of a few airlines that have been in the red for decades. That is how they run and prevent pay increases.

No you don't know that. There is no such thing as a business that can lose money indefinitely. When a business loses money over long term its balance sheet (Assets balanced by Liabilities and Equity; thus the term "balance sheet") loses all its Equity and Liabilities exceed Assets. At that point the company is bankrupt. Art, take a lesson in accounting 101 for a basic lesson in business and stop talking out the wrong end.

"At that point the company is bankrupt."

Pers, take a lesson in Airline 101. They file, dump lots of debt, pensions (ask me how I know), and other liabilities. They then start a new balance sheet. Been done over and over. As much as I hate agreeing with Art, he's right this time.
Helm

I can tell you this. The issue with the homewood suites is exactly the type of thing mgmt wants us to be mad at. The more we argue with each other about a stupid hotel in one place in the entire country the happier mgmt is. Do you think they want us arguing and being upset at pay, work rules, rest requirements??? NO, they want us bickering at each other about a stupid hotel so other stuff is now on the backburner. Wake the F up people.

Art,

You pick the fights you can win. Not will win, but can win. You can't win a fight if there's no place to have it, and that's where we stand. There's no point in arguing the big debate points at the moment, and the black helicopter "that's what management wants" bit needs to stop. They're not that smart and organized.

I have no problem with the Homewood vs. the Hazmat debate. It may be small beans, but it's at least something the average crewmember can address. Frankly, it should be taken as the kind of un-researched, un-negotiated, snap judgement our management is prone to making despite the overwhelming opinion of the pilot group. That individuals are able to throw it back at them is a lumberyard sticking in their eye.

We can have the big debates when we have protected dissent. I think we're getting close to that tipping point again as there are very few praise Flex and pass on the rest types on the line anymore.

How is any of this GROWTH? I didn't go to harvard so maybe someone can tell how we are experiencing growth? We are shrinking. The company won't even acknowledge that. We're to scared to take the next step and bring the globals here, so the door has been wide open for NJ's to get em. Well think about this Flex, how do you suppose we are going to continue "growth" let alone stay in business, when our competitor flies our products, at less cost than we offer? Flexjet needs a very large broom. And if i get one more msg about we all need to try to save 1 gal of gas per leg or how we need to save $2 a night by switching to a crappy hotel, i'm going to lose it! I'm out

How is any of this GROWTH? I didn't go to harvard so maybe someone can tell how we are experiencing growth? We are shrinking. The company won't even acknowledge that. We're to scared to take the next step and bring the globals here, so the door has been wide open for NJ's to get em. Well think about this Flex, how do you suppose we are going to continue "growth" let alone stay in business, when our competitor flies our products, at less cost than we offer? Flexjet needs a very large broom. And if i get one more msg about we all need to try to save 1 gal of gas per leg or how we need to save $2 a night by switching to a crappy hotel, i'm going to lose it! I'm out

Now, now, you don't want our upper management to lose out on their bonuses would you? Our "leadership" and I use that term loosely is more concerned with their bonuses vs growing our company...

And if i get one more msg about we all need to try to save 1 gal of gas per leg or how we need to save $2 a night by switching to a crappy hotel, i'm going to lose it! I'm out

I think this is the sentiment among everyone. We have been doing our job, without complaints on anything, since the furlough and, we have met or exceeded every demand put on us by management in that time frame and for what??? We have gotten nothing in return, not even a pat on the back. Ok, we got a bonus last year; should that not be given to everyone if the company does well?? Well, the company is kicking a$$ and taking names the past year and we have all sacrificed and done as we are told and what do hear now?? We might layoff again??? That's a handsome reward for the sacrifices we have made on the line AND, the dispatchers etc... I think we have the absolute worst marketing and sales team of any fractional and until that broom hits the top floor, it will be the status quo people.

I will say this also, if this rumor is found to be true about globals going to netjets, the company can probably welcome a union vote not too shortly after. I think people at Flex are fed up with stagnation and excuses while other fracs are starting to prosper again. The only hand we have in the game is a vote; as sad as I hate to say it, its the only way the employees can get back at the negative morale trickling from the top office of fred greed.

I think this is the sentiment among everyone. We have been doing our job, without complaints on anything, since the furlough and, we have met or exceeded every demand put on us by management in that time frame and for what??? We have gotten nothing in return, not even a pat on the back. Ok, we got a bonus last year; should that not be given to everyone if the company does well?? Well, the company is kicking a$$ and taking names the past year and we have all sacrificed and done as we are told and what do hear now?? We might layoff again??? That's a handsome reward for the sacrifices we have made on the line AND, the dispatchers etc... I think we have the absolute worst marketing and sales team of any fractional and until that broom hits the top floor, it will be the status quo people.

I will say this also, if this rumor is found to be true about globals going to netjets, the company can probably welcome a union vote not too shortly after. I think people at Flex are fed up with stagnation and excuses while other fracs are starting to prosper again. The only hand we have in the game is a vote; as sad as I hate to say it, its the only way the employees can get back at the negative morale trickling from the top office of fred greed.

Why wait to find out if this is true? Time for a union at Flex...

Latest resources

Back