• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
geesshh, I could tell you your wife was gorgoeus, you are awesome and all I ever wanna be when I grow up is you, but you'd still find a way to disagree with me.

Does management deserve some credit - sure and I'm willing to give credit where credit it due. But just because nothing has happened to you personally that makes you nervous doesn't mean it hasn't happened to other people. I'd love to talk specifics but every time i'm willing to I get slammed or threatened.

You don't want a seat at the table that determines your future so be it but stop being so angry that others do. And I'm glad that other people here were helpful in pointing out that it's when you figure out you need a union it's already too late...

Before you attacked me I was simply responding to someones post saying that a union has no chance at flex. That should make you happy dog. Or are you just trying to make sure Waterview knows your position (speaking of CYA)?

She is, I am, and you'd be a lucky man; no disagreement there.

Nobody ever debates the facts here, it's all emotion from speculation. I have not or will ever "threaten" anyone. If you get "slammed", it's because you are ignorant of the facts. What exactly would a union do for the former "union basher" who got fired here recently?

Tell me what a union would bring Flex. Why do we need one? What does my payment to them get me? Where are my work rules not fair? Let's debate some facts. Let everyone weigh the pros and cons. If you convince me we need a union here, I'll be your number one guy on the soap box.

I have still yet to see Flexjet fire someone who did nothing wrong. Each and everyone of us make mistakes and as long as you fess up to it, you are usually ok.

Can you get suspended for stupidity? Absolutely. Will you get fired if you deny or do something insanely stupid and say that you did nothing wrong and would do it again? Absolutely. The bottom line is that Flex does a real good job of taking care of their pilots as long as we do the right thing. Even if we screw up.

Each and everyone one of us knows a pilot here that we feel should have been gone years ago and question why they still are. Since that is the case, how can management be so pilot unfriendly? As I have said before, Flex is not perfect. Flex is however not a bottom feeder either.

I have yet to see solid reasons why we would need a union. So wife, if you could, please feel free to state reasons why we should unionize. Do convince those of us who feel the total opposite as you as to why it is needed. I am truly curious. And no, I am asking this to attack you either.

I'll bite. I'd like to see the union for: bases, pay, day one issues, last day issues, job action security, guaranteed recalls at released terms, and any future changes which may come that aren't in play right now.

Union at flex wouldn't be so bad. Management/labor relations aren't horrible and a union wouldn't change that. All it would do is give labor a seat at the table.

There's nothing to fear except fear itself. I think non-union folks are afraid of change and that's OK. My grandma was scared of the auto-mobile once but in the end she embraced them and couldn't live without one.

Management/labor relations aren't horrible and a union wouldn't change that

You need to rethink that statement! If you think any part of your job sucks now, it will really suck when you vote the union in, cause the company thinks you dont trust them......duh......

but at Options, were under a contract, its in writing and the morons in management cant change it. In my opinion the fight was worth it.

You need to rethink that statement! If you think any part of your job sucks now, it will really suck when you vote the union in, cause the company thinks you dont trust them......duh......

but at Options, were under a contract, its in writing and the morons in management cant change it. In my opinion the fight was worth it.

I haven't seen your contract. What did you gain?

I'll bite. I'd like to see the union for: bases, pay, day one issues, last day issues, job action security, guaranteed recalls at released terms, and any future changes which may come that aren't in play right now.

Union at flex wouldn't be so bad. Management/labor relations aren't horrible and a union wouldn't change that. All it would do is give labor a seat at the table.

There's nothing to fear except fear itself. I think non-union folks are afraid of change and that's OK. My grandma was scared of the auto-mobile once but in the end she embraced them and couldn't live without one.

The noisiest union bashers we've got are the ones who hand-carry their expenses to the Puzzle Palace and schmooze the schedulers and dispatchers and who seem to be flying for a completey different company than the one the rest of us work for.

To them, everything's just peachy, and they can't understand why everybody else isn't as overjoyed as they are.

Those are the guys that really make me want to see a union on property. Of course, there's no guarantee that sort of behavior would go away even with a union, but at least the rest of us could make them feel like the w************************* they are without fear of retribution.

I've never understood why you would go to the office on your days off. I went to one of the employee meetings two years ago so I could put a face to some of the names but it took me 1:45 to get there. And I never met any of the schedulers or dispatchers anyway.

I've never understood why you would go to the office on your days off. I went to one of the employee meetings two years ago so I could put a face to some of the names but it took me 1:45 to get there. And I never met any of the schedulers or dispatchers anyway.

You go to the office on your days off because you have no life, outside of this job.

I realise that. I just still don't understand it!

Latest resources

Back