• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aaah, forgot about flightinfo for awhile. *****Let's stir the pot on a boring round of the daily required standby. *****A few rumors that don't seem to be dying out on the line:

1.) Management is seeking to go to an all CAFO system

2.) no more fleet differential on pay (may tie in to above)

3.) changes to per diem system to a capped expense reimbursement for actual expenses only

Other issues to be discussed, the overnight loss of workrules 10 years in the making with the advent of our new bid procedures, lack of a transparent solutions process (one guy trying to get into management and pouring the company juice does not constitute a working Focus Group or CAB, introduction of non flex branded/maintained equipment into the fleets. *****Also hearing there has been a significant increase in TRB referrals, any truth to this?

Aaah, forgot about flightinfo for awhile. *****Let's stir the pot on a boring round of the daily required standby. *****A few rumors that don't seem to be dying out on the line:

1.) Management is seeking to go to an all CAFO system

2.) no more fleet differential on pay (may tie in to above)

3.) changes to per diem system to a capped expense reimbursement for actual expenses only

Other issues to be discussed, the overnight loss of workrules 10 years in the making with the advent of our new bid procedures, lack of a transparent solutions process (one guy trying to get into management and pouring the company juice does not constitute a working Focus Group or CAB, introduction of non flex branded/maintained equipment into the fleets. *****Also hearing there has been a significant increase in TRB referrals, any truth to this?

1 - They said during their yearly Flt Ops presentation back in May that they are doing away with the CAFOs once upgrades begin. However, I imagine that there may be more downgrades, and thus those downgraded would be CAFOs

2 - Sounds good to me. This is how every other fractional does it

3 - Yeah I heard this from management at recurrent. It was an idea he is "tossing around." The idea being that you can expense $75 a day (or whatever the amount is) on anything you want and expense it. But I dont think it would happen, too much paperwork and people would abuse it in my opinion.

4- As for your statement of: "Other issues to be discussed, the overnight loss of workrules 10 years in the making with the advent of our new bid procedures" I dont understand what you mean. What work rules changed with flexbidding? Sure we have changed the way we place bids, but that does not mean the work rules changed.

5 - The FOFG. I will agree it is mroe or less useless, just like the CAB. They dont have any real power and besides, when was the last meeting anyway? But I dont think it is fair to take it out on the fellow pilots on the committee. Did you volunteer? They are just trying to get something done, but are at the mercy of the sloooooow pace of management. And where did this idea of the one dude wanting a management job come from? He use to be a standards pilot but that does not mean he wants a management job. Has he applied for one in the past? If so then that is news to me. Anyway, point is all those dudes are just trying to help. They ave no control over any changes. All they really have control over is the topics. And even then management can just say "no, lets move on." If you think you can do better then by all means volunteer, go to a meeting!!

6 - Non flex based equipment? I have not heard about that. Can you say more?

I am interested in the NJA Global rumor. But, it would not surprise me since Bombardier is all about moving tin. We have choked the chicken on this for what, 10 plus years now?

I can tell you this. The issue with the homewood suites is exactly the type of thing mgmt wants us to be mad at. The more we argue with each other about a stupid hotel in one place in the entire country the happier mgmt is. Do you think they want us arguing and being upset at pay, work rules, rest requirements??? NO, they want us bickering at each other about a stupid hotel so other stuff is now on the backburner. Wake the F up people.

Yo Art, Where you been man? This is a non-issue. Homeboy matched the Hazmat rate and guys are just changing the assigned hotel. No prob man. Move on to other stuff, like drain-o!

Homeboy vs Hazmat.........Big whoop........stop wasting your time

Card Drive?!........Sit down, shut-up and get back to work.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back