• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I certainly won't turn down any extra $$ from the Waterview, money at flex has never really been an issue. As far a holding a union at bay, all I can do is laugh that anyone out there (especially management) thinks that there is any shred of a chance of this group forming a union. I get weak and weary even thinking about thinking of getting my hopes up for that.

But hey if money is more important than work rules & protection from abtritrary and constantly changing threats from management, more power to ya.

I do get kind of a sick chuckle though out of the fact that one of the biggest union bashers flex ever had got his butt canned (rightfully so). I often wonder if he would have felt the need to lie and put others in harms way if he knew he had a union to back him up from jumpstreet. I'm betting he would have handled it differently. Hope that's not a lesson lost on all the other bashers... Oh wait, there I go getting my hopes up again.

Kudos to Flex for giving the 85 some of the bonus. They can't be recalled soon enough in my book, even if that's less pie for the rest.

And we're still supposed to believe you're not a flexjet employee? uhuh, right.

Flex was/is a good job. However, its hard to see recalls happening when some guys are picking up as many as 6 overtime days each bid for a total of twenty.

wait...seriously?

I've had a few OT days this year but its all been weather related BS.

Are there guys seriously bidding 20?

Flex was/is a good job. However, its hard to see recalls happening when some guys are picking up as many as 6 overtime days each bid for a total of twenty.

While I agree that the OT sodomites aren't doing anybody any favors, I have to wonder whether that "6 OT days per bid period" to which you refer to might be more urban legend than fact.

I fly with some big-time OT addicts, and all they do is complain that they can't get it.

It seems a bit far fetched, but if you've got guys bidding 17 and taking OT days then it's not too hard to see guys bidding 14 and then picking up as many OT days as possible.

Hope they're loving that mcmillionaire lifestyle. What little they get to live.

We should not do OT while guys are the street. I'm not talking forced OT, we all get screwed into that one. But really, asking for or accepting OT is akin to being a scab. Do what you will but we live/work in a very small community.

I dont have a dog in this fight, but SWA is one of the most unionized companies in the industry. They seem be doing pretty well.

You're right there. But, that's is not the norm.

I'm not a union basher or supporter, nor do I drink the company koolaid. I just look at what's going on at other companies and weight the pros and cons. Good or bad, some companies need a union, but AT THIS TIME, I don't see a reason for a union here.

wait...seriously?

I've had a few OT days this year but its all been weather related BS.

Are there guys seriously bidding 20?

20 days is true. I personally flew with this guy before getting furloughed. I obviously don't want to mention names but he is a VERY senior 604 captain.

I'm not a union basher or supporter, nor do I drink the company koolaid. I just look at what's going on at other companies and weight the pros and cons. Good or bad, some companies need a union, but AT THIS TIME, I don't see a reason for a union here.

Also not a here or there argument, but one might say that the fractional industry leader seems to be doing ok as a union shop.

Sounds like some former colonists prior to the revolution. "The King isn't so bad, do we really need independence..." The power to collectively negotiate and have a seat at the table means a lot to most people especially when decisions made greatly affect your quality of life.

Unions are neither good nor bad, it depends on memebership and their relationship with management. There are several examples of companies that do well "in spite" of being heavily unionized; FedEx, UPS, SWA, AAL, Ford, Toyota, Kia, United States, etc.

Latest resources

Back