Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hung, me too...;)

Life can get hectic for a family w/a normal lifestyle. It's doubly so for frac families, so there could be perfectly legit reasons that a pilot didn't get a card in on time-- that had meant to vote yes. .

Please,,,,,stop making excuses for the lazy, or not interested. Those cards were around for MONTHS and MONTHS. There simply was no excuse for not doing it

We don't conduct our Country's voting like that. Whose to say how people intended to vote?

Yes we do. If you don't vote, maybe the person you hate gets put in. Same thing here. If you don't vote, you don't care. If you don't vote, you're not interested. And that is what my fellow pilots said about the union at Flex. Not interested.

Neutrality also passes your lazy rule. No card, no count... that motivates those who want to vote. Fair and square...:cool:

And that's what we got. No card, no count, no union.

As to negotiations, when you first start out having nothing--no contract-- then you have lots to gain, little to lose. There's many things in a CBA beyond pay if you didn't think that would change. There's value just in getting a legally binding set of rules in place that can't be changed on you.

I agree with you there, although tell me how much in back pay, etc. the Flight Option guys lost in the years it took them to negotiate. What was it,,, over 3 years worth? Flex has increased salaries all that time.

It seems that there are definitely some possibilities you could explore. With a majority rule no one forces anything on anyone...:)

LOL, Isn't that an oxymoron?? Isn't the "majority" forcing the "minority"?? Somebody is not going to be happy!

I'm not interested in debating the pros or cons of a union at Flex. All I know is there was not enough interest to make it happen. So please, NJW, stop telling us we need it. Obviously, the MAJORITY thought differently.
Hung

Church,

Please be praying for the family of Sgt. Zachary J. Walters. His grandmother, Lore Miner, attends our church and his mother Gina lives with her. Sgt. Zachary J. Walters was killed in Marjah, Afghanistan after disembarking from a vehicle with another Marine and detonating a pressure plate bomb at 5:55 AM Afghan time. Today the family is flying to Dover AFB in Maryland to attend a ceremony tomorrow as he is returned to US soil. He had just completed 5 years of service and signed up for an additional 4 years. He turned 24 on May 24th. He arrived in Marjah on the May 22nd, trained for two weeks and on patrol just a few days before this tragic incident.

After Memorial Day this hits me hard. I am truly grieved for this family and ask you to join me in prayer for them. On one hand I am proud to know that he has given his life protecting us and on the other, I am deeply grieved that he had to give his life to protect us. Please join with me in praying for Lore, Gina, and Patrick as well as for the rest of Sgt. Walters family.

Sgt. Zachary J. Walters is now looking into the eyes of Jesus and enjoying the pleasures of heaven where there is no more tears and no more pain. The day is coming when we can thank him for his service as we join him and others who have given their lives to Jesus Christ and trusted in Him alone to forgive our sins.

Phil 1:20-21,

To put some perspective on our argument. I got this news ealier today.

We are all so petty.

God bless the United States!

Church,

Please be praying for the family of Sgt. Zachary J. Walters. His grandmother, Lore Miner, attends our church and his mother Gina lives with her. Sgt. Zachary J. Walters was killed in Marjah, Afghanistan after disembarking from a vehicle with another Marine and detonating a pressure plate bomb at 5:55 AM Afghan time. Today the family is flying to Dover AFB in Maryland to attend a ceremony tomorrow as he is returned to US soil. He had just completed 5 years of service and signed up for an additional 4 years. He turned 24 on May 24th. He arrived in Marjah on the May 22nd, trained for two weeks and on patrol just a few days before this tragic incident.

After Memorial Day this hits me hard. I am truly grieved for this family and ask you to join me in prayer for them. On one hand I am proud to know that he has given his life protecting us and on the other, I am deeply grieved that he had to give his life to protect us. Please join with me in praying for Lore, Gina, and Patrick as well as for the rest of Sgt. Walters family.

Sgt. Zachary J. Walters is now looking into the eyes of Jesus and enjoying the pleasures of heaven where there is no more tears and no more pain. The day is coming when we can thank him for his service as we join him and others who have given their lives to Jesus Christ and trusted in Him alone to forgive our sins.

Phil 1:20-21,

To put some perspective on our argument. I got this news ealier today.

We are all so petty.

God bless the United States!

Stories like this remind me of why we need to bring back the draft.

A draft would screw up our military. By having a voulanter force you can invest resources into training. Plus, you end up with a more educated force by not drafting. Sure, some people in high school are not interested and would rather smoke pot. I say let 'em. Smoke your pot and stay out of the armed forces. Those who have the motivation and patriotism can and do make the US Armed Forces what they are.

Force a draft and all those who don't want to be there are there and the QOL for those who DO want to be there goes down the tubes as they are now in the same boat and get treated the same...as a pot head who doesn't want to be there and needs "re-education".

Nothing against pot head high school drop outs, but maybe the military is not the answer.

Last edited:
Open up more bases after the furloughees are recalled and you will attract better pilots when growth comes down the road. There are plenty of highly-qualified pilots living on the West Coast who don't want to commute to Denver.

Do you guys have any new aircraft (or replacement aircraft) arriving this year or next?

Have we ever had any trouble attracting "qualified" pilots? Attracting pilots with good attitudes may be a problem, but basic qualifications have never been a problem. In the current industry slump we're awash in qualified pilots. When we can't find pilots with at least 2500 hrs Total and jet experience then we'll have a shortage. I can't imagine that will be any year soon. I support more bases, but using a "shortage" of qualified pilots available is the flimsiest excuse I've ever heard to open more bases! You have to show how it will save money. That's the way business works, Duh!

The reason for the percentage requirement in the past is that a % of the pilotgroup had to vote as a threshold...and all those he did not vote were automatically counted as NO votes. If there was no chance of it passing then funds and man hours weren't spent to send it out. That meant the deck was stacked against the organizing pilots.

That law was recently changed to the much fairer, democratic method---majority rules. And the only NO votes counted now are those that are cast that way. This means that it will now be much easier to vote in a union.

Yes, and if the Nobama administration has its way we will have a highly undemocratic "Card Check". Meaning a yes or no union vote will no longer be a secret ballot. When in the hell in the history of this country have we ever had non-secret ballots!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!....!!!! With the "Chicago Style Politics" of the current administration, and that of the Teamsters, it's a wonder us "no" voters abstain rather than vote no. It's out of fear the corrupt union will "leak" who voted no and the subsequent retaliation that comes with it. Unions are doing their best to run this country into the ground. I sight the UAW and SEIU as greedy examples.

Pure Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Not exactly an unpredictable outcome. The same goes for counting only those that voted versus the entire pilot group. A lame excuse for fairness and my rights.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back