• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would they announce a new 400 if it wasn't a done deal? Another moral kick in the nuts maybe? I know the old man was looking at 5 of them so who knows maybe a better deal is in the works.

Doubt it. Connie is aggressively persuing airplanes, hopefully deal comes through soon.
Plenty of planes for sale and more coming on the market by the week. Downgraded two Captains and has 7, 7 FO's on furlough, sorry that makes zero sense if you are going to buy airplanes. That just pisses off the group and makes them less willing to help. I'm out!

The word was that after doing an inspection it (ex Jade) was a POS that need millions spent to fix plus a heavy check and the sellers wouldn't budge on the price. Connie is looking and needs the 400's, we'll see.

Atlas looked at the Jade planes last year and discovered that serial numbers did not match up on a lot of the parts. Documentation sucked. Imagine that?

The word was that after doing an inspection it (ex Jade) was a POS that need millions spent to fix plus a heavy check and the sellers wouldn't budge on the price. Connie is looking and needs the 400's, we'll see.

That is only 1/2 of the problem. The other half is that GE is not going to finance an airplane that is not airworthy and would take several months to become airworthy. I think we dodged a bullet with this one.

whassup

TTuite..how ya been? Hope things work out for all LAMA folks. :) Im trying to get on at a "Giant" carrier.. Hope your doing good

BR

Latest resources

Back