Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Victor Meldrew

I dont bloody believe it!
Sad day today for many at Kalitta. Displacement / curtailment results posted today, some FE's already furloughed but now total of 35 in all from beginning of Jan '13. FO's to be furloughed is 53 staring Jan '13, many other CA's downgraded.

Although not sure if all pilots will go if the rumors are true that company has had close to 100 PIRA requests already since last month's announcement of furlough's.

Prayers and wishes to all those effected and hopefully it will be short lived or you find other avenues very soon.

Is this Kalitta Air or Kalitta Charters?

Best of luck from those of us at Atlas. Never the news you want to hear over the holidays about fellow cargo pilots. Hears hoping for some positive news in the new year for those that might be affected.

Demand for the Classics has fallen dramatically. The 400s are busy. Connie is parking most of our Classics from what I understand hence the curtailment/furloughs. Lots of Classic people displacing people on the 400. Most of our junior pilots are on the 400. There are lots of rumors that Connie is going to get serious about 777s. Who knows... We will start calling people back when we start getting new airframes.

Sad day today for many at Kalitta. Displacement / curtailment results posted today, some FE's already furloughed but now total of 35 in all from beginning of Jan '13. FO's to be furloughed is 53 staring Jan '13, many other CA's downgraded.

Although not sure if all pilots will go if the rumors are true that company has had close to 100 PIRA requests already since last month's announcement of furlough's.

Prayers and wishes to all those effected and hopefully it will be short lived or you find other avenues very soon.

OK, this is untrue or accurate...

7 out of 53 listed on the TBD list are getting furloughed Jan. 3, 2013.
28 total FE's as of Jan 3, 2013.

Yes some downgrades and training going on, most are displaced to the -400 as FO's, few are staying on the -200, three FE's are attempting to upgrade on the -200 to FO!!

true, some of our brothers and sisters are being furloughed. Jan 3rd only, but bad enough.
we will have some furloughs returning to their airline, others seeking other positions elsewhere, just being optimistic, I think they will miss it, and this may be avoided before we know it..!!!

Last edited:
Is there a standard company email format at Kalitta? Trying to touch base with an ex-squadronmate to see if he's affected by this.

OK, this is untrue or accurate...

7 out of 53 listed on the TBD list are getting furloughed Jan. 3, 2013.
28 total FE's as of Jan 3, 2013.

Yes some downgrades and training going on, most are displaced to the -400 as FO's, few are staying on the -200, three FE's are attempting to upgrade on the -200 to FO!!

true, some of our brothers and sisters are being furloughed. Jan 3rd only, but bad enough.
we will have some furloughs returning to their airline, others seeking other positions elsewhere, just being optimistic, I think they will miss it, and this may be avoided before we know it..!!!

I don't see a lot of the senior guy's / girls on the furlough list actually getting furloughed as we shall see a few resignations and like '08 this may be cutting too deep.

I don't see a lot of the senior guy's / girls on the furlough list actually getting furloughed as we shall see a few resignations and like '08 this may be cutting too deep.

I am with you, I hope they resignations outweigh the furlough numbers enough that they descend the initial 7. ! '08 was a mess...

Latest resources

Back