• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, and many Flight Engineers. However they have not given dates to anyone that had a TBD by their name on the furlough list.

Yes they did. Union has been notified of 12 more furlough letters going out in the very near future.

The BS of it all is that they have already had to cancel a couple of flights and started begging guy's to stay out longer to cover trips due to no pilot's. They have picked up some extra flying and some more is in the pipeline. Now this lack of staff could also be due that a whole slew are in or going to training on the 400 off the classic. Resignations (AA, other jobs) are over a dozen so far for the year too.

Personally I see another '08 cluster f**K about to happen!!

Yes they did. Union has been notified of 12 more furlough letters going out in the very near future.

No furlough notices as of today. Looks like we may have a reprieve for now. Hopefully things will continue to improve and we canavoi d additional furloughs and call back anyone left on furlough.

For FEs or FOs? I was annoyed to get an email from the union asking if I could provide them with any information about my furlough status. I get the feeling that nobody really knows whats happening.

Union...yeah, right.

After the furloughs were first announced I put in for a voluntary unpaid LOA. I couldn't even get the so-called "chief pilot" to answer my request at first. Once he did, the answer was just "no." So, instead of saving someone a job I would be forced to stay. A month later I resigned so as not to have to deal with all the low rents, drop outs, and hacks that are in management there. The union is a joke and those in charge of it are more crooked than anyone. The leaders are only in it for themselves and think being in the Teamsters is equivalent to being in the U.S. congress. They could care less about anyone but themselves, much less the pilot group. The company stole over $1000 from my last pay check, even after I gave them 30 days notice of my resignation. I could grieve it but again...the union is a joke. The entire operation is both laughable and sad and I hope the good guys and gals there get out when they can. Let the rest of the low rents keep it going.

After the furloughs were first announced I put in for a voluntary unpaid LOA. I couldn't even get the so-called "chief pilot" to answer my request at first. Once he did, the answer was just "no." So, instead of saving someone a job I would be forced to stay. A month later I resigned so as not to have to deal with all the low rents, drop outs, and hacks that are in management there. The union is a joke and those in charge of it are more crooked than anyone. The leaders are only in it for themselves and think being in the Teamsters is equivalent to being in the U.S. congress. They could care less about anyone but themselves, much less the pilot group. The company stole over $1000 from my last pay check, even after I gave them 30 days notice of my resignation. I could grieve it but again...the union is a joke. The entire operation is both laughable and sad and I hope the good guys and gals there get out when they can. Let the rest of the low rents keep it going.
Wow, I am glad you hold yourself on high! How much did you volunteer? not one minute would be my bet. First you blame the CP, ok fair enough he makes the call for VLOA, then you QUIT as to not deal with the low brow management, ah but then the UNION how did we wrong you? did we allow your highness to take his VLOA? no that was the CP. Stole $1000 from your last paycheck? no that was the, how did you put it? oh yea "low rent, drop outs". You could grieve it, but alas that would be to much work for an exalted one now wouldn't it! You quit, take it like a man and move on, quitter! PS I know exactly who you are, hows the show truck?

Yo Derelict, sorry to hear the news. Sounds like MEH Version 2013. UNWASHED probably doesn't know our jaded history. Call me if you wanna fly MD's again.

Latest resources

Back