Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unwashed,

A brief history that can make a group of pilots seriously jaded:

The pilots from YX got butt raped mostly by MEH management. MEH was financially in trouble. But NWA mgnt (ALPA Pilot Carrier) came in and rescued us from the evil forces of Air Tran's takeover bid, and then DAL (ALPA pilot carrier) came in and married NWA.

Well, eventually, folks, good ole Republic came in and bought us from Texas Pacific Group for nickels on the dollar.

OK, tough break, guys..right? Move on, right?

Well, why is it that almost all ALPA pilot groups that get shoved out on the street, get SOME kind of preferential interview treatment at a reasonable carrier? Probably because ALPA thinks it is OK for all of us MEH peeps to get offered jobs at RAH. Maybe OK for the top 5% of MEH guys that can be CAs at RAH, but for the rest of us, it is a virtual CAREER RESET button.

Why, oh why, could our Alpa boys not get us some preferential interviews somewhere besides RAH.

Many of us could only walk away from this experience thinking the High up ALPAs just didn't give a ******************** about us. And that is truth.

WTF? Has this got to do with furloughs at Kalitta?

Capt Over and I are ex Midwest. Our experiences there with how we were treated by ALPA in the final years have helped form this mentality. I have it, too.

Capiche?

I'll admit a bit of thread drift. But my post was specifically addressed to Unwashed cuz he got upset at Over's frustration at the union at Kalitta lately.

Just forget it. Nuthin to see hear.

Well im a furloughed Midwest guy as well... and i can't even get my foot in the door at Kalitta, or any other decent carrier. So their is always someone worse off....8

Yep, I have too much time and effort invested in this project to have some quitter undermine what we are trying to here at Kalitta. This place isn't perfect, but when this is airline number three in six years and no one else is hiring yet I have a vested interest in making it work. There are a lot of deadenders here that will undermine you at every turn, but to have person who has moved on to something he perceives as "better" then bitch about what he left is more than I can stomach.
Either you are part of the solution or part of the problem.

#3 in 6 yrs... hummmmm........pay, qol, job security, retirement....please give some more details....UPS, FDX, ABX, ATLAS....it is a big playing field.

Out of respect to Mr. Tuite I will return us to our regularly schedule
Program. I hear we have four engineers that will be recalled to
Service a short term contract. No pilot recalls, but one can hope.
Nite I was at a regional, then to a startup that shutdown, to Kalitta, and
the beat keeps marching on.

Out of respect to Mr. Tuite I will return us to our regularly schedule
Program. I hear we have four engineers that will be recalled to
Service a short term contract. No pilot recalls, but one can hope.
Nite I was at a regional, then to a startup that shutdown, to Kalitta, and
the beat keeps marching on.

my bad...I feel your pain. I once went thru 6 airplanes in 6 years with 3 airlines...could not shove another number or profile into my small brain!

Well im a furloughed Midwest guy as well... and i can't even get my foot in the door at Kalitta, or any other decent carrier. So their is always someone worse off....8

But you have greeeeat taste in avatar pictures!

Good luck fellow aviator and thanks for posting

#3 in 6 yrs... hummmmm........pay, qol, job security, retirement....please give some more details....UPS, FDX, ABX, ATLAS....it is a big playing field.
job security and aviation in the same sentence, now that is an oxymoron.

Latest resources

Back