• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I read that one CA747 retirement causes 8-12 training cycles withing the NWA fleet. That was afew years back. Hope they're planning ahead.

What a crock. Not even close to reality.

He'd hold a solid line on the 320 in BOS or JFK.

Wow, some people are so bitter it's just sad.

Ok this person at 60 on the E190 BOS would sit approx 125 on the 320 in BOS. At that senority you are correct, he would hold a line. All redeyes island turns and never see a weekend or most likely a holiday off. Great QOL

Ok this person at 60 on the E190 BOS would sit approx 125 on the 320 in BOS. At that senority you are correct, he would hold a line. All redeyes island turns and never see a weekend or most likely a holiday off. Great QOL

Dude, quit now because you are talking out of your a$$ and you know it. We know, not a lot of retirements at JetBlue, and that might impact what younger pilots here do ref: whether we stay or go. We get that we need a union, Already on that boat, but lying about things like seniority progression, (yes lying) makes you sound foolish and takes away from our effort.

So, here's the reality. I doubt we will retire at JetBlue, we will from some acquiring career, and smarta$$, before you chime in name me one single airline that has gone without a merger in 30 years.... But at JetBlue I retire #1, and at 60 if we only recieve aircraft currently on order ( 35 years without another order... Doubt it) I'll be sitting about 150 out of 2000+ airbus captains. Hardly struggling to find QOL or seniority.

Last edited:
Why will he not upgrade? Because of retirements? Tell me, how did he get to 60 out of 170 with no retirements..... I suppose you will tell us that trend is now reversing course...

No reversing trend. The 190 growth in BOS grew the 190 base from about 30 in each seat back in 2006-07 to the 170 today. The movement has been lots of F.O.'s that sat right seat on the 190 vacating to the 320. The most junoir upgrade on the 190 is high 1600. Between 1300-1600 there are tons of pilots waiting upgrade to hold a good line. The number of deliveries in the near future don't reflect an upgrade anywhere near the 2000 range. Its just math.

No reversing trend. The 190 growth in BOS grew the 190 base from about 30 in each seat back in 2006-07 to the 170 today. The movement has been lots of F.O.'s that sat right seat on the 190 vacating to the 320. The most junoir upgrade on the 190 is high 1600. Between 1300-1600 there are tons of pilots waiting upgrade to hold a good line. The number of deliveries in the near future don't reflect an upgrade anywhere near the 2000 range. Its just math.

2000 seniority guys are probably looking at 2-3 years before they can hod a reserve capt slot and 4 years until a lineholding position. Almost all deliveries going forward are Airbuses, and many current 190 capts will transition to the bus. I roughly figure my numbers because with attrition (their arrogance likely doesn't figure enough, I think attrition will be rampant starting 2014) we plan to hire 250/ year indefinitely starting in 2013 through indefinitely. As for 320 line holdin capt... Let's just say it'll be a while. 5-8 years? for a guy in the 2000-2100 seniority range.

2000 seniority guys are probably looking at 2-3 years before they can hod a reserve capt slot and 4 years until a lineholding position. Almost all deliveries going forward are Airbuses, and many current 190 capts will transition to the bus. I roughly figure my numbers because with attrition (their arrogance likely doesn't figure enough, I think attrition will be rampant starting 2014) we plan to hire 250/ year indefinitely starting in 2013 through indefinitely. As for 320 line holdin capt... Let's just say it'll be a while. 5-8 years? for a guy in the 2000-2100 seniority range.

So between 1300 and 2000 equals 700 pilots. Lets say 2/3 want to upgrade. That equals 425 / 7 per plane = 60 aircraft. Really 2-3 year upgrade. Who's lying now. Get off the crack pipe. Oh by the way there are many sen. F.O.'s in LGB, MCO and FLL that don't even equate in the above numbers. 55 aircraft between now and 2016( No lease returns figured in which is likely). Your math is very fuzzy. You can be happy here thats good-but don't mislead. Attrition is a variable that has no value at current. I saw the best of times prior 9/11 that quickley ended. Once again goodluck.

Y don't you f%% off. Worry about your self. You're not helping him or yourself. Never seen a place that eats their young like JB. Not even Algt or Spirit engages in this kind of ********************e.

Y don't you f%% off. Worry about your self. You're not helping him or yourself. Never seen a place that eats their young like JB. Not even Algt or Spirit engages in this kind of ********************e.

Why are you so pissed off at me its just the truth. Airline senority is all about when your hired, nothing else. Nothing personal just numbers. You want to rell me to f off. Won't go there little girl take your skirt off.

By the way eatting their young? Been there and done it at AA.

You are totally misunderstanding these guys. They don't care about anyone else or the careers of others. They care only about themselves. They are using thier rhetoric as a strategy to starve the company of new hires, cause attrition and embarrass our pilots into voting for a union. It is NOTHING more than that. Period.

Latest resources

Back