• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
American Eagle handled 700 the year I was hired there. It was just over 700 actually.

I don't know about the big boys, but I find it hard to believe that they couldn't handle what a regional could.

Necessity is the mother of invention, right?

Yea exact numbers arent the issue, but instead of having two major airline training facilities (NWA+DAL) you are left with just one training center and double the fleet types/training events on a normal day, without factoring in big retirements. Has the DAL training staff/campus doubled in size over the recent years?

Yea exact numbers arent the issue, but instead of having two major airline training facilities (NWA+DAL) you are left with just one training center and double the fleet types/training events on a normal day, without factoring in big retirements. Has the DAL training staff/campus doubled in size over the recent years?

Good point, but there are ways around that, such as renting sim time from independant companies, etc.

There is going to be TONS of hiring from everybody. Even if they could only handle 300-400 a year, then they will have to shrink by that many per year. Numbers are numbers bro.

There are two choices: shrink, or start hiring sooner and prepare for it. What will they do? Who knows, but one thing we can probably all agree on is that historically, airilne managers have a complete lack of foresight. If they get to that point, it's going to be more like 'HOLY $HIT!!!!! WE'RE LOSING 700 A YEAR AND WE CAN ONLY TRAIN 400!!! OH MY GOD WHAT DO WE DO!!!! WE DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING!!!'

We'll see I guess.

Good point, but there are ways around that, such as renting sim time from independant companies, etc.

There is going to be TONS of hiring from everybody. Even if they could only handle 300-400 a year, then they will have to shrink by that many per year. Numbers are numbers bro.

There are two choices: shrink, or start hiring sooner and prepare for it. What will they do? Who knows, but one thing we can probably all agree on is that historically, airilne managers have a complete lack of foresight. If they get to that point, it's going to be more like 'HOLY $HIT!!!!! WE'RE LOSING 700 A YEAR AND WE CAN ONLY TRAIN 400!!! OH MY GOD WHAT DO WE DO!!!! WE DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING!!!'

We'll see I guess.

I totally agree with ya about numbers being numbers. We drool over the 1000's of anticipatced retirements and assume that they will all be replaced on a 1-1 ratio. My worry is that the legacy managers make a big scene and cry about not being able to handle it. Then they go to the unions and say "Look we will have to shrink by 30% or we can contract Mesa/Skyw/RAH to fly E190s/717s/etc to keep us afloat." Bye bye scope?

Hired in 2010... Bidding 60 ish out of 170+ as a BOS fo...not really interested in starting over again...you know investors buy low and sell high....forecasts are just that...greener grass....yeah. let me tell you a story about the uniforms in my closet...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

That's great you think 60 out 0f 170 is a good spot. ( you are obviously 190 F.O.). You my friend will never upgrade. That is the cold hard truth. You can't even hold a 320 spot, but if you did you would be on reserve in BOS. Good luck with the not interested in starting over thing.

That's great you think 60 out 0f 170 is a good spot. ( you are obviously 190 F.O.). You my friend will never upgrade. That is the cold hard truth. You can't even hold a 320 spot, but if you did you would be on reserve in BOS. Good luck with the not interested in starting over thing.

I am sure he could hold a line on the 320.
He is allowed to have an opinion no need to be a prick.
Maybe if we get a union he would be able to upgrade.

I can hold a good line on the 320 in jfk and bos...would be 70% in the 320... I choose qol...enjoy your island red eye ******************************...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Why will he not upgrade? Because of retirements? Tell me, how did he get to 60 out of 170 with no retirements..... I suppose you will tell us that trend is now reversing course...

What a crock. Not even close to reality.

He'd hold a solid line on the 320 in BOS or JFK.

Wow, some people are so bitter it's just sad.

Latest resources

Back