• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JFK Bus FO is has always been the fattest staffed seat in the company. When I came here, I lived CapnVegetto's reserve life. All I can say... it takes about 3 years before you "see the man behind the curtain".

Understandable.

You and I are pretty much the same. We are both pro union, and we both know that improvements are needed at B6.

We also hate hearing whiny little turds that are pulling down $200K plus a year talk about this place like they're sewing together Reeboks in a Vienamese sweatshop.

All those guys can blow me.

Yep, true words. I think our politics are polar opposites, but that's a whole different thread...

JFK Bus FO is has always been the fattest staffed seat in the company. When I came here, I lived CapnVegetto's reserve life. All I can say... it takes about 3 years before you "see the man behind the curtain".

It doesn't take 3 years. He is there and he is real. BUT, stop pretending there is no man behind the curtain at every other corporation in America.

I remember going to a job fair in DC almost 7 years ago. Jetblue was there. They stated in their presentation that they would be at 400+ A/C by 2018. That is as far as the order book went at the time.

I left a regional a year later to go to jetblue. I would not trade places with myself and go back to a regional. Regionals are the most unstable segment of the most unstable industry. You will always be looking over your shoulder as long as you are flying for money.

For me Jetblue was a calculated gamble. There is no future at any regional. Jetblue is a bet that they will get there ******************** together (hopefully via CBA sooner rather than later). If not then there will be plenty of other opportunities in the near future. It does not hurt to hang out at Jetblue in the meantime. I would tell any regional CA to leave asap for Jetblue, just don't plan on staying that long. Getting 2000 more hours of CRJ PIC time ain't gonna help anybody unless you are at zero right now. We are a stepping stone til proven otherwise.

BUT, stop pretending there is no man behind the curtain at every other corporation in America.

Where did I say that?

I can respect the relationship of an AMR or a UPS management team. They hate you, you know it, lets get to work. The thing that bugs me to no end about bluejet is they pretend to care for you. They WANT you to believe that. Then, after you watch the same lies and excuses for a couple years, you realize what they really are.

Smarta$$... I stand corrected. We are growing. That is great news. Thank you for helping me see the light.

J32driver (il-informed on occastion... but never willfully lying!)

Since you don't know what you're talking about, perhaps you should consider
not posting anything.

Our fleet is growing. We haven't returned hardly anything for some time now. We are growing and you know it.

If I'm not mistaken, JB sold 2 E-190's last quarter.

JetBlue 10-Q

Asset Sales: During the three months ended June 30, 2012, we sold two EMBRAER 190 aircraft and six spare aircraft engines.

Last edited:
That's correct, they were no active in our fleet. We have significant net fleet growth as far back as I bothered to look.

Latest resources

Back