Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the number you use to make your point
that JetBlue is so bad is based solely on retirements, that means a totally
stagnent JetBlue. ( hard to survive like that)

We can play all the "what if" games you want. For example... what if the global economy tanks and the next 10 years offer the same airline environment as the last 10 years has?

The only "known quantity" is the seniority calculator. B6 isn't growing, we sell airframes at the same rate as we take them. Right now, hiring is practically non existent at other carriers. The only "for sure" movement on our list is via retirements. And if you run the seniority calculator for yourself, you will see we have very few of those for the next 10-15 years.

I'm not making anything up. I'm not stretching the truth. I plan for the worst and hope for the best. I hope for growth, I hope for some additional attrition, I hope for a massive global economic increase... but... "hope is not a plan".

3 years on reserve... dude you are not helping.

2013 and 2014 B6 has 4 firm (maybe) delivers of E190s.

Sure non seat locked FOs will transition to the A320 and a new hire E190 will move up but not at all as fast as what occurred 7, 5, 3, 2 or 1 year ago.

I would count on living, eating and sleeping on 75 hours of credit for a long time.

Our fleet is growing. We haven't returned hardly anything for some time now. We are growing and you know it.

My impression is we are planning on shuffling airframes until about 2018. Reducing 190 orders, converting 320 orders, and stating in the Annual report that aircraft sales and leases are possibilities.

Post a delivery schedule, and then post where B6 has publicly stated that the fleet count is going to grow. You might be able to... but I haven't been able to find it. (It is quite likely I just suck at the internet).

Latest resources

Back