• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not trying to scare anyone. Read the latest JTTP titled growing inside and out and the build up to the documents. T5i, T6i etc. The airline business is ugly and a new hire needs to have eyes wide open especially if they have a good job and QOL now.

Prepare for the interview hard, good luck and I hope jetBlue is everything each new hire needs it to be.

HEY!!!! Don't hassle the Hoff!!!!

Everyone knows that Friday the 13th brings bad luck. I heard that there's a little-known tidbit of aviation lore that it's unlucky to start groundschool on a 'Wednesday the 13th.' Anyone who gets the call should think about postponing.

Hey fellow Blue Comrades: Anyone have an accurate number of new blues on the property since classes commenced last year? Sitting here on reserve in the Imperial West palace.... I really have no clue as to what is happening in Orlando, JFK or Bos! Thanks for any intelligence............

Hey fellow Blue Comrades: Anyone have an accurate number of new blues on the property since classes commenced last year? Sitting here on reserve in the Imperial West palace.... I really have no clue as to what is happening in Orlando, JFK or Bos! Thanks for any intelligence............

So far since 9/08/2010 about 200 newhires. ~60/40 to the airbus. Between 100 - 200 more new hires still to train in 2011 depending on who you talk to.

Last edited:
So far since 9/08/2010 about 200 newhires. ~60/40 to the airbus. Between 100 - 200 more new hires still to train in 2011 depending on who you talk to.
I really appreciate the insight.... We were supposed to get a few more crews out here. Shoot.....Two guys that bid into base for the June 1st transfer have already bid back out! Oh well.......... Good Luck to those that have interviewed, to those that have been hired, those in training etc etc
For those on this thread that are not on the company seniority. I think you will find some of the best guys in the industry to fly with! Stews (a few) are awesome, most are.....eh! We have a lot of growing pains as well as a "certain" level of mis-trust with our ELT. Irrespective of your opinion concerning unions....I would encourage my new blue brothers and sisters to approach the concept of a collective bargaining agreement as "some" assurances for the prosperity of your airline career. New hires have a tremendous advantage of having a voice from day one. A CBA certainly does not ensure everything..... No one thaught it did! But at this juncture in our professional careers....... Lets put it this way.... Its better to have it and not need it.....than to need it and not have it!
Good luck and for goodness sakes.....bid Long Beach

I really appreciate the insight.... We were supposed to get a few more crews out here. Shoot.....Two guys that bid into base for the June 1st transfer have already bid back out! Oh well.......... Good Luck to those that have interviewed, to those that have been hired, those in training etc etc
For those on this thread that are not on the company seniority. I think you will find some of the best guys in the industry to fly with! Stews (a few) are awesome, most are.....eh! We have a lot of growing pains as well as a "certain" level of mis-trust with our ELT. Irrespective of your opinion concerning unions....I would encourage my new blue brothers and sisters to approach the concept of a collective bargaining agreement as "some" assurances for the prosperity of your airline career. New hires have a tremendous advantage of having a voice from day one. A CBA certainly does not ensure everything..... No one thaught it did! But at this juncture in our professional careers....... Lets put it this way.... Its better to have it and not need it.....than to need it and not have it!
Good luck and for goodness sakes.....bid Long Beach

Speaking of LGB, I hear the schedules aren't that great (redeyes and day-rests are popular) and there's not much movement because of the slot constraints. If you live in Cali, high taxes and cost-of-living also hurt.

So, what are the plusses and minuses of being based out of LGB in terms of schedules, etc? Any thoughts?

LGB is pretty much all minus unless you live there or it will improve your commute. Buddy of mine who just transitioned to the bus (like me) is heading out there with four years seniority to sit reserve. It will be a MUCH better commute for him from LAS, however.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back