JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Otto,

Yes there are....we have reduced passes via the pass agreement with them. I went to Dublin last year for 120 round trip and a complimentary upgrade to first class. LF is just as cheap and they treat us great.

interesting..Ill keep that in mind. I had heard JFK e190 newhires were getting lines pretty quickly as well.

What people got in the past is not necessarily what they will get in the future. The last 2 bids had FAR more new hires going to the Airbus then the 190, thus as it stands right now one might get a line quicker in A320 Bos then say E190 JFK.

I have to agree with the Hoff. OOHOOH, and watch for the "BIG announcement" today.

How long is it gonna last? Dude, if any of us knew that... um, well we'd be smarter. I hope that it lasts for a LOOOOOONG time. But in the spirit of hope and fear, plan for the worst and hope for the best.

big announcement? I bet its more code shares. I have listend to the quarterly conference call and the Raymond James call and they pretty much said that much. At one point I believe they said they would be announcing one in the next week, and up to 6-8 this year!

I would highly recommend going 190 boston if you have the choice. Massive growth in Boston starting right now.. going from 60ish departures/day to over 140.. more than double by this summer... Not only that, but you will be holding a line about 1-2 months out of training with that kind of growth..

Airbus.. you will be doing Island RED EYES on reserve for a long time... if you have the choice I would go 190, get the line quick and build your credit up to 100+ hours....

I held a line the first month I was eligable to bid.... over 99 hours credit, 81 hours block... everything over 78 is time and a half $70.5.... not bad for an FNG..

While the guys in our class (prob same as you) are holding lines on the 190, I wouldn't agree with the doom and gloom scenario if you get the 320. Yes, I'm on reserve, but have yet to do any red-eye turn. Maybe I'm just lucky. I'm also 2/3s up the reserve list. Probably be holding a line in April-May. 6-7 months on reserve? In the big scheme, not a big deal. Lot's of good things about being on the bus- too busy to list them now but ask around. I love my 190 classmates!

One can only speculate on the time you will spend on reserve, no matter what aircraft you are flying. As for late night island turns, it varies. You may see 2 or 3 per month, or you may not see any for 2 or 3 months. I speak from experience. Keep in mind where you'd like to be based when and if you get the choice of aircraft. Regardless, the landscape can and most likely will change no matter what your decision may be.

Another aspect to keep in mind when it comes to aircraft choice would be the type of flying you will do. 190 flying is now all east coast (except AUS, MSY, and ORD). That may change at some point in the future (my guess is distant future). Currently, the 320 flying is quite diverse. You may fly JFK-BUF-JFK one day. The next day you may fly JFK-SAN. The 320 sees more island flying than the 190. Therefore, if flying the 320, one might be subjected to late night island flying. But then again, the 190 will never see layovers in St. Maarten Aruba, St. Lucia, etc. Each has it's pros and cons.

Rumor has it that JetBlue will hire for the next few years, so hopefully reserve on either aircraft will not be long. Just keep in mind, that this is the airline business. Anything can happen on any given day. Be prepared to adapt.

Latest resources

Back