• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JETBLUE Anti-union tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A work group that decertify has to have an alternative bargaining agent no way to ever go back to a non union direct relationship.

Absolutely false. Besides, there is no such thing as a "direct relationship" between a multi-billion dollar corporation and an employee. That's a buzzword that they've conned you into believing.

serious question how long have you been here? If you've been here more then a year and think what the company is putting out is factual then you've had your head in the sand. Sort of like when they meet with the PVC and they disagree on 99 items but agree on one. The company then puts out an email stating the pvc and company agree on said issue.

quite contrarian

That whole "quite contrarian" or "how contrarian" thing really grates on my nerves. Just like FUPM does.

My biggest concern with ALPA coming on property is a potential for a $37,611.00 pay cut!

I believe with ALPA we will lose the option of selling back our PTO at premium. Currently I sell 10 hours a month, or 10 x 1.5 = 15 hrs at base rate, which works out to be:

$189.00 x 15 = $2835.00 per month, which comes to $34,020.00 per year! Add that to the projected $3591.00 in ALPA dues and you get $37,611.00!!

That'll buy a lot of horse feed want it, Fins Up!

Yes I know we could also lose this option under the current system. I just point this out as I never hear any of the pro union folks talk about what they are willing to give up to get the first CBA.

Both sides are guilty of accentuating their personal positives or out right distortion of the facts to win your vote. My mind is made up at this point and I'm certain this hard push from either side is just a distraction for us all.

I believe with ALPA we will lose the option of selling back our PTO at premium.

You start the sentence with "I believe...."

Do us all a favor....get back to us when you have data to support your hypothesis. An untested hypothesis is not a basis to make a decision.

Observe....

"I believe with ALPA we will be forced to amputate our left arms...."

"Any data to back that up?"

"Nope....it's what I believe."

Your concern is legitimate. It's something you should certainly make known to our representatives. I hope they will be our newly minted ALPA Negotiating Committee rather than our hard-working but doomed-to-fail company-sponsored committees.

Vote for a voice. It's something you don't have now. Come to LSC with me next week for 3 days of meetings. You can see for yourself.

Last edited:
This is still an opinion board. If you don't like some one's opinion, skip to the next one.

I said....

"Your concern is legitimate."

What part of that is "not liking his opinion"?

I just want people to reason their way to a decision....not opine.

My biggest concern with ALPA coming on property is a potential for a $37,611.00 pay cut!

I believe with ALPA we will lose the option of selling back our PTO at premium. Currently I sell 10 hours a month, or 10 x 1.5 = 15 hrs at base rate, which works out to be:

$189.00 x 15 = $2835.00 per month, which comes to $34,020.00 per year! Add that to the projected $3591.00 in ALPA dues and you get $37,611.00!!

That'll buy a lot of horse feed want it, Fins Up!

Yes I know we could also lose this option under the current system. I just point this out as I never hear any of the pro union folks talk about what they are willing to give up to get the first CBA.
The company said this benefits cost about $2.7 million per year.

With the new DP and lack of vacation that dollar amount will rise significantly over the next 3 years and will be labeled by the company as too rich and out of line with peers and it will be cut.

Of course it will be you that decided to give it up because you can sign the new PEA or not and keep the ability to sell PTO at premium.

Just like the 78 hour trigger and the new PEA it was your decision.

But don't fool yourself. Not than many pilots use this benefit, they use SICKA to take Vacations and days off, and that is the only reason it was left in the current PEA.

Your benefit is on the DR chopping block as more and more are forced to lose or sell PTO they could not use because we have very little allocated vacation and the threat of the DP.

Latest resources

Back