Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fins Up

Fly Fast, Live Slow
It appears jetblue management is putting on the full court press by targeting the junior folks to convince them not to vote for a CBA. Below is an excerpt from the bluepilots website. (I do not have proof, but this is what's going through the grapevine.)

"Not sure if this was in another thread or not, but just got visual email confirmation on how they are targeting the newbies.

< 1yr FO got a call from a "pilot on the drive" inviting him to Boston. I can only assume this was a BOOB as he did not want to identify what pilot called him. Then gets texts from another mgmt type. All expense paid. Hotel, Food, Attend a Dog & Pony Show. In Boston.
Here is the kicker: Company will BUY HIS RESERVE Days off him to do this. Never mind that we are short, and putting out RSAs on a regular basis.

This is why there is so much focus on Boston. Sad and pathetic they have to pay people to come to these meetings. I actually think it's an outrage."

If this is true, it could be construed as vote tampering. Company better be careful.

New folks - Take it from an 8 year guy who, when I started, wanted nothing to do with unions. I have swung the full 180 degrees from NO to YES to Organizing Committee. WE NEED A CBA. Our professional well-being, individually and collectively, is not the company's priority. The only people who will look out for us is US. A strong voter turnout with a very large YES vote (I'm hoping for 80+%) will help us in negotiations.

(Def: "BOOB" equals "BOB" equals "Band of Blue" which references a former group of anti-CBA folks during a previous vote. Thankfully, many of them have seen the light and joined the fight.

It appears jetblue management is putting on the full court press by targeting the junior folks to convince them not to vote for a CBA. Below is an excerpt from the bluepilots website. (I do not have proof, but this is what's going through the grapevine.)

"Not sure if this was in another thread or not, but just got visual email confirmation on how they are targeting the newbies.

< 1yr FO got a call from a "pilot on the drive" inviting him to Boston. I can only assume this was a BOOB as he did not want to identify what pilot called him. Then gets texts from another mgmt type. All expense paid. Hotel, Food, Attend a Dog & Pony Show. In Boston.
Here is the kicker: Company will BUY HIS RESERVE Days off him to do this. Never mind that we are short, and putting out RSAs on a regular basis.

This is why there is so much focus on Boston. Sad and pathetic they have to pay people to come to these meetings. I actually think it's an outrage."

If this is true, it could be construed as vote tampering. Company better be careful.

New folks - Take it from an 8 year guy who, when I started, wanted nothing to do with unions. I have swung the full 180 degrees from NO to YES to Organizing Committee. WE NEED A CBA. Our professional well-being, individually and collectively, is not the company's priority. The only people who will look out for us is US. A strong voter turnout with a very large YES vote (I'm hoping for 80+%) will help us in negotiations.

(Def: "BOOB" equals "BOB" equals "Band of Blue" which references a former group of anti-CBA folks during a previous vote. Thankfully, many of them have seen the light and joined the fight.

Good idea to put this on other boards as most new hires don't go to bluepilots.

Good idea to put this on other boards as most new hires don't go to bluepilots.

For good reason. That place is toxic. I'm a yes vote, but I do not like the jerks on bluepilots. Thankfully I've either never run into one in real life, or their internet hubris doesn't extend to the real world.

I'm betting it's the latter.

This move is transparent to say the least. Almost all of the newer guys know the game. Only the small minority here are completely blind or apathetic. What surprises me is that some of few no votes i have met probably cant get hired at delta or united for various reasons. You would think they are yes votes but they are not.

There are about a dozen FO's that I am good friends with from flying with them every single one of them are solid yes votes understand our position and see the need for representation. The common theme I hear is that they are so happy to be here but cant believe that they are seeing the same takeaways they saw at their regional.

These guys are smart and know the game many of them had been abused at their regional and the fake " I care about your opinion " dog and pony show is obvious as desperation to try and split the vote.

The ELT and flt ops leadership are being bonused to split this vote DONT FALL FOR IT. Stand tall with your brothers and show unity.

When i came here I was a union hater. Our last company was in the midst of unionizing and I left because i didnt want to have anything to do with it. When i came here I literally hated unions.

In 9+ years I have watch the direct relationship take from me and my family. Today I am an airline captain with medical bills in collections because I cant afford to pay the huge bills due because of our horrible healthcare. This was implemented the same year we made historic record profits and our management team paid themselves over $20,000,000 in additional bonuses on top of their 48% pay raise.

Nothing worse then getting your child covered therapy doing it for 2 months and them gettting a payment denial from your company insured insurer and a bill from the hospital for $6500....

Ask the questions, get the facts, and realize that every single piece of management delivered propaganda is massaged by third party experts to pry on your emotions.

Contrary to 3rd party propaganda voting in APLA will not bankrupt the company. ALPA airlines with contracts are thriving !!!

Stand tall Vote Yes !!!!

For good reason. That place is toxic. I'm a yes vote, but I do not like the jerks on bluepilots. Thankfully I've either never run into one in real life, or their internet hubris doesn't extend to the real world.

Bluepilots is an...interesting place. I took I hiatus from it for about three years, but I am back to frequenting the site. Despite all the emotion on the board, there is very good information to be found. You just have to have a very active filter.

I don't want to derail the conversation. Back on point - There is another aspect of this for me personally I would offer for consideration. Occasionally I hear somebody say, "All I ever got from ALPA was a magazine." This drives me nuts. ALPA is responsible for or contributed to (just a short list):

- Precision and full approach lighting systems
- Grooving and friction treatment for runways
- REILs and markings
- Runway electronic or vertical guidance
- Radar approach coverage for all airport terminal areas.
- Runway distance remaining markers.
- Procedures for use of CVR tapes or transcripts during court proceedings.
- RVSM
- Improved taxiway signage to help prevent runway incursions.
- Volcanic ash avoidance
- KCM

ALL airline pilots, include JetBlue pilots, benefit from these things. Maybe, in addition to availing ourselves to ALPA's services, we should also start contributing to our profession.

I agree. Like Fins said, some good info, but requires an epic (my word) filter.

While I do disagree with their tactics..and one could argue that that pilots attendance was not optional (as in bought off his RSV days); at least they're not going the other direction---FEAR. ..As in targeting the "undesirables/vocal supporters" for extermination.
At VX, it's no secret that we're next in line for a drive with ALPA after they've secure B6 --difference is that we're in an 'at will' employment state. They could decide tomorrow to fire me for essentially no reason; kinda scary (and one of about 10 reasons I'll be a yes vote). I won't be surprised if they try the FEAR tactics when our drive is in full swing.

lol. Yes. There's good info there. I wish that more people used it, as that would dilute the BS, and also provide more good discussion.

I'd like to at least look at it, but have been unable to log in for months. Emails to the admins go unanswered.

While I do disagree with their tactics..and one could argue that that pilots attendance was not optional (as in bought off his RSV days); at least they're not going the other direction---FEAR. ..As in targeting the "undesirables/vocal supporters" for extermination.
At VX, it's no secret that we're next in line for a drive with ALPA after they've secure B6 --difference is that we're in an 'at will' employment state. They could decide tomorrow to fire me for essentially no reason; kinda scary (and one of about 10 reasons I'll be a yes vote). I won't be surprised if they try the FEAR tactics when our drive is in full swing.

All states are, although it is very limited in Montana and there are some with exceptions.

Latest resources

Back