• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JETBLUE Anti-union tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fear will be Daves state of the airline speech the day before voting opens.. He is going to basically say that the pilots unionizing will put the career of each and every employee in jeopardy.

He will say it because his job and future depends on it. The vote passes and dave will be gone in less than 30 days Robin hayes will slide into position and Rob will be spending more time with his family if he is not already doing so.

Dont fall for it.. Its the final chapter in union busting 101 turn the employee groups on each other..

Looksing forward to voting yes and finally having some unity with my brothers and sisters here at blue. We can get a fair contract that protects our careers and our families and stil provide a huge benefit to our ELT.

IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILTY to run this airline. Hiring labor consultants to chip away at employee pay and benefits is not a strategy our ELT should be using.

This was not brought about by the pilots. The ACTIONS of our leadership led to this drive.

VOTE YES

clickclickboom;2467429 looksing forward to voting yes and finally having some unity with my brothers and sisters here at blue. We can get a fair contract that protects our careers and our families and stil provide a huge benefit to our elt. It is their responsibilty to run this airline. Hiring labor consultants to chip away at employee pay and benefits is not a strategy our elt should be using. This was not brought about by the pilots. The actions of our leadership led to this drive. Vote yes[/quote said:

For good reason. That place is toxic. I'm a yes vote, but I do not like the jerks on bluepilots. Thankfully I've either never run into one in real life, or their internet hubris doesn't extend to the real world.

I'm betting it's the latter.

It's the latter.

I would love to know who those guys are so I know who not to vote for, should they run for MEC/LEC.

Fear will be Daves state of the airline speech the day before voting opens.. He is going to basically say that the pilots unionizing will put the career of each and every employee in jeopardy.

He will say it because his job and future depends on it. The vote passes and dave will be gone in less than 30 days Robin hayes will slide into position and Rob will be spending more time with his family if he is not already doing so.

Dont fall for it.. Its the final chapter in union busting 101 turn the employee groups on each other..

Looksing forward to voting yes and finally having some unity with my brothers and sisters here at blue. We can get a fair contract that protects our careers and our families and stil provide a huge benefit to our ELT.

IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILTY to run this airline. Hiring labor consultants to chip away at employee pay and benefits is not a strategy our ELT should be using.

This was not brought about by the pilots. The ACTIONS of our leadership led to this drive.

VOTE YES

Exactly right.

Ok

It appears jetblue management is putting on the full court press by targeting the junior folks to convince them not to vote for a CBA. Below is an excerpt from the bluepilots website. (I do not have proof, but this is what's going through the grapevine.)

"Not sure if this was in another thread or not, but just got visual email confirmation on how they are targeting the newbies.

< 1yr FO got a call from a "pilot on the drive" inviting him to Boston. I can only assume this was a BOOB as he did not want to identify what pilot called him. Then gets texts from another mgmt type. All expense paid. Hotel, Food, Attend a Dog & Pony Show. In Boston.
Here is the kicker: Company will BUY HIS RESERVE Days off him to do this. Never mind that we are short, and putting out RSAs on a regular basis.

This is why there is so much focus on Boston. Sad and pathetic they have to pay people to come to these meetings. I actually think it's an outrage."

If this is true, it could be construed as vote tampering. Company better be careful.

New folks - Take it from an 8 year guy who, when I started, wanted nothing to do with unions. I have swung the full 180 degrees from NO to YES to Organizing Committee. WE NEED A CBA. Our professional well-being, individually and collectively, is not the company's priority. The only people who will look out for us is US. A strong voter turnout with a very large YES vote (I'm hoping for 80+%) will help us in negotiations.

(Def: "BOOB" equals "BOB" equals "Band of Blue" which references a former group of anti-CBA folks during a previous vote. Thankfully, many of them have seen the light and joined the fight.

Look in the mirror?.....

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ilots?-Union-Violated-Employees?#.Uy43jcu9KK0

Yet the UAL pilots aren't seeking the Direct Relationship. Why is that?

Hyperboy - The point B6Busdriver is making is that, while ALPA is not perfect by a long shot, there is not a single pilot group out there that is looking to get rid of their CBA and union representation to go with a Direct Relationship. ALPA has had it's problems. Nobody here expects them to be perfect and fix all of our issues. However, the direct relationship DOES - NOT - WORK. We need a better system than what we have now. An inhouse union would be weak and ineffectual. If there is another option you think is better, I'm all ears.

Yet the UAL pilots aren't seeking the Direct Relationship. Why is that?

Because UAL pilots can't. Once a pilot group is represented by a Union you are stuck.
However, It would be great for ALPA to state public that they were wrong in the matter and that they take the appropriate steps to fix there internal labor issues.
That would be going a long way to establish credibility.

Latest resources

Back