• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JETBLUE Anti-union tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A work group that decertify has to have an alternative bargaining agent no way to ever go back to a non union direct relationship. Regardless, what your stand is on the unionization debate. Fact is, a work group can not take a union for a test drive, so to speak, and return to a non union environment later when the union performance is disappointing.

Collect cards for Dave Barger (an individual) to represent jetblue pilots and when 50% plus 1 vote for "no representation" then ALPA is decertified and we are back to the DR.

For good reason. That place is toxic. I'm a yes vote, but I do not like the jerks on bluepilots. Thankfully I've either never run into one in real life, or their internet hubris doesn't extend to the real world.

I'm betting it's the latter.

Oh, don't bet on it... just well hidden during "normal operations". Put a little pressure on and the floodgates open.

That being said, I used to love flying with one of the nuttiest of the bluepilots.com messiahs. Great dude, but there was always a point where our conversation took a wrong turn and I had to point out to him that whatever he just said could be looked upon as grounds for medical revocation for mental health reasons.

Oh, don't bet on it... just well hidden during "normal operations". Put a little pressure on and the floodgates open.

That being said, I used to love flying with one of the nuttiest of the bluepilots.com messiahs. Great dude, but there was always a point where our conversation took a wrong turn and I had to point out to him that whatever he just said could be looked upon as grounds for medical revocation for mental health reasons.

Clayton...?

Just my 2 cents... Why are any actions taken by management called "anti-union?" i.e., call-ins, emails, glossy comparison guides, etc. I mean Dave Barger plainly says "vote no." So in a sense it is all "anti-union." But it's spun as so sinister.
It could be construed to be his job to be anti-union and that doesn't in itself make it a wrong position. And so what if they use a 3rd party PR company in that process?

This is a campaign. There are 2 sides. If management is working a full court press then the organizing committee is doing it too AND with 7 players on the court. And they too are using 3rd party (ALPA) resources.
I also read the emails cranked out by bluetruthers every day. Nothing the company puts out matches the relentlessness or emotion in these emails. So I think it could rightly be called propaganda.

So we have the company putting out "facts" (granted shaded to their side) and the OC putting out emotion. The company wins in my view.

At this point I'm only commenting on both sides success at presenting their side which is only a subset of whether or not we need representation.

Just my 2 cents... Why are any actions taken by management called "anti-union?" i.e., call-ins, emails, glossy comparison guides, etc. I mean Dave Barger plainly says "vote no." So in a sense it is all "anti-union." But it's spun as so sinister.
It could be construed to be his job to be anti-union and that doesn't in itself make it a wrong position. And so what if they use a 3rd party PR company in that process?

This is a campaign. There are 2 sides. If management is working a full court press then the organizing committee is doing it too AND with 7 players on the court. And they too are using 3rd party (ALPA) resources.
I also read the emails cranked out by bluetruthers every day. Nothing the company puts out matches the relentlessness or emotion in these emails. So I think it could rightly be called propaganda.

So we have the company putting out "facts" (granted shaded to their side) and the OC putting out emotion. The company wins in my view.

At this point I'm only commenting on both sides success at presenting their side which is only a subset of whether or not we need representation.

Well therein lies a huge problem. The company puts out half-truths and more spin than a sewing machine. I understand that the tone of the bluetruth emails is off-putting to some, but you've got the "facts" thing backwards. The company is not to be trusted because time and time again the "facts" they put out our proven to be wrong or intentionally deceptive.

Example: VPFLOPS says in a self-congratulatory email, "We fixed the 13% retirement gap." What they really did was rename profit-sharing "retirement", add in your 5% match, and add 3%. The only thing new is the 3%. And the company won't add its 5% until you put yours in first. They're putting two labels on the same pot of money.

Example: VPFLOPS says in another email that the rumors of the huge cost advantage jetblue enjoys is false and that the advantage is shrinking. The "rumor" (actually, the truth) is that the pilot cost advantage - how much work they get out of us for how much the pilot compensation budget is - is quite true. We are one of the most efficient major airline pilot groups in the country.

Example: System chief pilot says that we would be fine in SLI in the event of M/A. William Wilder, the lawyer for the PVC who has specialized in labor law for over 20 years says that is completely wrong and our protections are very weak. Which of those two people is the authority in labor law?

I could go on but this post would get way too long. Whether or not you like the tone of the bluetruth emails, they contain the facts. There is a reason every major airline pilot group is unionized. Like it or not, that's just the way the industry operates.

Please vote YES.

Last edited:

serious question how long have you been here? If you've been here more then a year and think what the company is putting out is factual then you've had your head in the sand. Sort of like when they meet with the PVC and they disagree on 99 items but agree on one. The company then puts out an email stating the pvc and company agree on said issue.

quite contrarian

It's sinister because much of it is not true. The lies have been chronicled and talked about on various websites ad nauseam. It really concerns me that you haven't done your own research to find out what the facts are. We are behind in pay and benefits in almost every category. This election is about representation, you have none now, as in zero. Read the PVC emails, collaboration means being in the room when the company dictates policy. I've seen it first hand....

Latest resources

Back