• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JETBLUE Anti-union tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sigh... You're right Splert. I forgot that you know everything. There's a reason you're on my ignore list, and will remain there.

Less limited that a line pilot is not the same as unlimited. I've been an office guy before. There are limits. Lots of them. There are benefits to being in the office, and there are benefits to being on line. Generally...the line is better, in my opinion. I worked in Safety to make a difference, not because the schedule was better, or even the pay for that matter.

The biggest downside to office work is the constant communication, and expectation that you're available 24/7. There's never any downtime. When your flight is over, you can turn your phone off and forget about work for a few days. For an office guy, that isn't the case. Ever. Even on vacation. It gets REALLY old.

My point isn't that line is better or office is better, but when you suggest that office guys don't have limits or that it's all roses, that's BS, and it shows how little you know and understand about how things work.

I do know and only comment about what i do know unlike you that comment about everything.

I said 'schedule flexibility. Unlimited ability to FLEX their schedules.

I have seen it. Witnessed it and it occurs at this place, not your other place, daily. You are on 3 year shutter lag and then you try to add words: "you suggest ... it's all roses" as if I said posted that.

I didn't. You did and you also took me off your ignore list too to see what I posted.

I suggest you put me back on it since you can't handle the reality of Jetblue vs your other place.

Last edited:
My phone in no way works let alone is on during vacation. If your phone works during vacation you should take a better vacation.

Yeah. Well. That's often difficult with many jobs, not just office jobs at an airline.

My point was that pilots often think that an office gig is something to be jealous of, and it isn't. It's hard work with less schedule flexibility. I've worked on a project at JetBlue in the office (last year). It was fine, and I was happy to help, but I was VERY ready to go back to the line. I prefer being off when I'm off. That's why most of us became pilots in the first place!

Comparing an office gig to flying the line is comparing apples and oranges. They aren't anything alike, and each has upside and downside.

Ah...the sound of silence. If we all ignore him, none of us will have to endure his stupidity anymore.
If curling up in the corner of this virtual crew room in the fetal position helps you feel better about yourself; then do it.

However, see ya in a few!

Last edited:
Apples and Oranges are both a fruit. I never understand why people have a hard time comparing them.

Oranges are citrus. Apples are pomaceous fruits and members of the rose family. Completely different. (Of course I knew that without looking it up on the internet.)

Apples and Oranges are both a fruit. I never understand why people have a hard time comparing them.

I hear ya. Both are jobs...but that's where the similarities end. Most of us became pilots because we don't want a 9-5 job, so I'm not sure why there's so much jealousy of the guys who do like office gigs. Let them have those office hours, and office emails, and office headaches.

Sure, there are some "perks" but those perks do not make up for the loss of schedule flexibility and level of availability necessary to function in the office environment.

I hear ya. Both are jobs...but that's where the similarities end. Most of us became pilots because we don't want a 9-5 job, so I'm not sure why there's so much jealousy of the guys who do like office gigs. Let them have those office hours, and office emails, and office headaches.

Sure, there are some "perks" but those perks do not make up for the loss of schedule flexibility and level of availability necessary to function in the office environment.

Project pilots and committee pilots have less schedule flexibility than a line pilot?

The "5 day work week" is a positive space commute in on Tuesday and home on Thursday night and work at home on Friday.

You really have zero clue how it works in FSC/LSC.

Boldly ignorant is not a good combo.

Hello darkness my old friend....
Do yourself a favor and don't look at FI.com before your ADHD medicine kicks in and then you might be able to control the impulse to post about an ignored post ... but I doubt it.

Breath deep ... and ignore.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back