Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its official. Skywest to fly for American...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's funny, because UNICAL needed to the parked 37 seaters to come out of the desert to provide additional lift not too long ago.

You think wrong, and your knowledge of the current agreements is lacking.

Are there a lot of 37 seater E135s flying at Unical? Probably not, if so they are temporary fillers. They were going to cover Colgan Dash-8-400 flying, but Republic came in and saved the day. Have you been to Kingman, AZ and seen all of those ex COEX E135s? Go take a field trip you moron. The 50s and everything smaller will dwindle as long as gas prices are high, and that doesn't bode well for the regionals. Luckily, the legacies will be hiring. LCCs like SWA will stagnate. I can see why you are hoping I am wrong, but look around you. DL will dump well over 200. We then will wait for UAL, and more from AA. Mesa dumped a huge amount in PHX. All of CHQ's E135s are gone, and they will lose more E145s. It's high gas prices and old planes needing big mx checks. Throw in new rest/fatigue rules and higher hiring minimums, and it's gonna get interesting.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Are the 37 seaters flying now at Unical? They were going to cover Colgan Dash-8-400 flying, but Republic came in and saved the day. Have you been to Kingman, AZ and seen all of those ex COEX E135s? Go take a field trip you moron. The 50s and everything smaller will dwindle as long as gas prices are high, and that doesn't bode well for the regionals. Luckily, the legacies will be hiring. LCCs like SWA will stagnate. I can see why you are hoping I am wrong, but look around you. DL will dump well over 200. We then will wait for UAL, and more from AA. Mesa dumped a huge amount in PHX. All of CHQ's E135s are gone, and they will lose more E145s. It's high gas prices and old planes needing big mx checks. Throw in new rest/fatigue rules and higher hiring minimums, and it's gonna get interesting.

Bye Bye---General Lee

E135s still flying out of IAH as of a last week.... Still covering the flying from the saab 340s and the Q400. As long as Skywest Inc is creative and making money on them, or the EAS flying out of MSP/ORD, and now the AA flying will be Fee for Departure, the CR2 and the ERJs will continue to fly and make money... even thou its not as much as what it used to be when oil was lower. The CR2 is still making money/profit so it will still fly till it has to be turned into a beer can.

E135s still flying out of IAH as of a last week.... Still covering the flying from the saab 340s and the Q400. As long as Skywest Inc is creative and making money on them, or the EAS flying out of MSP/ORD, and now the AA flying will be Fee for Departure, the CR2 and the ERJs will continue to fly and make money... even thou its not as much as what it used to be when oil was lower. The CR2 is still making money/profit so it will still fly till it has to be turned into a beer can.

With high gas prices, they will eventually die when heavy mx is required. That is exactly what happened to Comair. Enjoy your E135s while you can.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Are the 37 seaters flying now at Unical? They were going to cover Colgan Dash-8-400 flying, but Republic came in and saved the day. Have you been to Kingman, AZ and seen all of those ex COEX E135s? Go take a field trip you moron.

Well, there were around 40 initially by the end of 2008. But next time you take a "field trip" out there count them up. Should be down to something that will add up to less than your fingers and toes. So that should help you out, because you might be a little bit of a moron.

The 50s and everything smaller will dwindle as long as gas prices are high, and that doesn't bode well for the regionals. Luckily, the legacies will be hiring. LCCs like SWA will stagnate. I can see why you are hoping I am wrong, but look around you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And now you're just being your complete tool like self. Who said I WANT the RJ's to stick around? You're making the assumption I'm a regional lifer, far from it. Park them all ASAP.

Get a clue, the 50 will always be around, just not in the numbers that existed previously.

With high gas prices, they will eventually die when heavy mx is required. That is exactly what happened to Comair. Enjoy your E135s while you can.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Seeing as how the 135's basically had a 2 year vacation in the sun filled paradise of Arizona, they may last a little longer.

Last edited:
Well, there were around 40 initially by the end of 2008. But next time you take a "field trip" out there count them up. Should be down to something that will add up to less than your fingers and toes. So that should help you out, because you might be a little bit of a moron.

And now you're just being your complete tool like self. Who said I WANT the RJ's to stick around? You're making the assumption I'm a regional lifer, far from it. Park them all ASAP.

Get a clue, the 50 will always be around, just not in the numbers that existed previously.

Seeing as how the 135's basically had a 2 year vacation in the sun filled paradise of Arizona, they may last a little longer.

You're not a lifer.....okay... Anyway, at least you agree that there won't be the same amount as before (my whole point, thanks). And high gas will still park those E135s eventually, or UAL scope probably will. Good luck to you!

Bye Bye---General Lee

You're not a lifer.....okay... Anyway, at least you agree that there won't be the same amount as before (my whole point, thanks). And high gas will still park those E135s eventually, or UAL scope probably will. Good luck to you!

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's funny!!!!!!! Go back to post #38 where I said this;

Nope, the 50 seater will ALWAYS have it's place. Just not in the batsh1t crazy-post 9/11 BK era scope giveaway numbers. Remember the mantra pre-9/11? "The turbo prop IS dead". Funny, they're STILL around. And not just the Q's, 1900's, EMB-120's, -8's, etc.

Because when I posted that, you said they'd go away. NOW you're ACTUALLY agreeing with what I said initially in post #38. So it's you agreeing with my point and trying to save face. You should of ACTUALLY read my post before responding and making yourself look like the resident flightinfo tool shed you're know as.

That's funny!!!!!!! Go back to post #38 where I said this;

Because when I posted that, you said they'd go away. NOW you're ACTUALLY agreeing with what I said initially in post #38. So it's you agreeing with my point and trying to save face. You should of ACTUALLY read my post before responding and making yourself look like the resident flightinfo tool shed you're know as.

Thanks, read my post #39, where I said they were becoming MORE extinct and there would be a handful left eventually, just like your handful of E135s in IAH. But hey, enjoy every second on those going to Killeen and Lafayette. Good for you! Fantastic!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Main line partners pay for the gas to a contract budgeted amount. If a regional burns more, the regional pays for the rest. This is one reason why contracted flying saves legacy so much money......Its just like paying the electric bill in your house with different level rates.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back