Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its official. Skywest to fly for American...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Main line partners pay for the gas to a contract budgeted amount. If a regional burns more, the regional pays for the rest. This is one reason why contracted flying saves legacy so much money......Its just like paying the electric bill in your house with different level rates.

Sure about that? I have not heard of regional lift paying for their own Jet A in any way shape or form.... My experience is with Delta and ASA so correct me if I am wrong or you have reliable information (does that exist here? )

Main line partners pay for the gas to a contract budgeted amount. If a regional burns more, the regional pays for the rest. This is one reason why contracted flying saves legacy so much money......Its just like paying the electric bill in your house with different level rates.

The fuel company and mainline negotiate a bulk rate. If what you're saying was true don't you think the regionals would be keeping careful track of what fuel gets put on the airplanes? Most times the fuelers over fuel the planes and that's a lot of wasted fuel and fuel being burned to carry that extra fuel. At some outstations but at very few, the fuel is not bulk rate negotiated but payed by the gallon or pounds actually put on the airplane and you usually know that when the fueler hands you a fuel slip.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, SkyWest gets fuel reimbursements. Do those reimbursements cover all costs? That's the question

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, SkyWest gets fuel reimbursements. Do those reimbursements cover all costs? That's the question

You're right there at Headquarters, ask someone in the know there. In recurrent a few years ago the instructor went over some of the cost that are covered buy the CPAs. I was floored by what was covered. The only other one besides fuel i can remember was MX costs, but there were many others that were also covered. The reimbursement was not labeled fuel reimbursement but rather something like reimbursements/block hour and then broken down into several categories.

I had a eagle jumpseater on the jumpseat from DFW-DEN a few month ago. He was a 6 year guy, fresh new capt and already talking smack about his new hire FO first time on the jet. Anyways during the whole flight he was talking about AMR term sheet and referring as " WE" voted, "WE this", "WE that". I kept trying to follow his conversation until i finally asked him " who are we? did eagle merged with amr already?" he said " oh no american voted it". I would like to see him again and ask him if hes ok with his amr dream.

Sounds like all those RJ drivers at Delta Connections...saying they fly for Delta! LOL

This will be funny to watch. Think we'll see an about face from some of the L-ASA lifers that scream that we need to be "cost competitive" and that we can't ask for industry leading pay rates?

"We need the HIGHEST pay rate possible on the -200 so I can bid down and go BACK to DFW without taking a pay cut!!!!!!!!!!"

As mentioned elsewhere, obviously XJT is "cost competitive" as it is now if they're able to secure NEW flying.

Do you do anything more that cry or Btch? Get a life.

I'm just curious how long it will take for crew scheduling and maintenance to mess this flying agreement up. Clearly, whomever did the legwork with this at AA didn't do a bit of research. Isn't the flying we B@stardized in IAD enough of an example of just how inept and uncapable we truly are?

The reimbursement is for a set rate per city pair; If we burn more, we eat it. If we burn less, we pocket the difference. That is how, perversely, the more expensive fuel gets, the more we make, especially four years ago (rates have been adjusted). Through our fuel conservation program we were consistently burning less than the contract fuel quantities and were making huge bank. This caused RA at Delta to have an aneurysm as Delta was losing money at the time and he has been at war with DCI ever since.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back