Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its official. Skywest to fly for American...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL
You sure prognosticate a lot on issues outside of your company that to my knowledge you haven't anything other than public knowledge of. Yet, to something as obvious as the Delta bankruptcy of a few years ago you swore up and down to me I was wrong when I suggested it might happen (based on public knowledge). What gives?

I'm just curious how long it will take for crew scheduling and maintenance to mess this flying agreement up. Clearly, whomever did the legwork with this at AA didn't do a bit of research. Isn't the flying we B@stardized in IAD enough of an example of just how inept and uncapable we truly are?

There will be no spares and min reserves at dfw. Our cancellations will be covered by Eagle,which with our history may result in a gain of flying for them in the end. (-;

GL
You sure prognosticate a lot on issues outside of your company that to my knowledge you haven't anything other than public knowledge of. Yet, to something as obvious as the Delta bankruptcy of a few years ago you swore up and down to me I was wrong when I suggested it might happen (based on public knowledge). What gives?

Russ,

Your knowledge of pending BK could have made you some cash on Wall St. Btw, did you have any idea 9-11 was going to happen? If so, you should have said something to somebody!

It was easy to prognosticate the fall of the 50 seater, just watching gas prices. This last DL contract allows more 76 seaters, but really hammers the 50 seaters and total RJ numbers at DCI, with 149 more leaving than coming in, which economically is good for the company and makes passengers happier. Throw in 88 717s to take back many of the regional routes that were given to DCI after 9-11 by other management and the BK process, and it is even more sweet. Other majors will see that 50 seaters just can't compete when high oil exists, and that may be troubling to regionals who mainly have 50 seaters in their inventory. Low cost regionals (like Gojets and Republic) will then fight hard to capture any additional flying available, again adding to the cost savings for the Legacies.

You see, after 9-11 the regionals really had the legacies over the barrel with their better balance sheets and leverage for feed during the BKs. As the legacies have gotten stronger, a lot due to new fees like bag fees, the regionals have gotten weaker and needed their own consolidation to try to keep contracts. This will continue, and new rest/fatigue rules, hiring minimums, and legacy hiring will probably put a lot of pressure on those large regionals. Even legacies are returning to cities like Roanoke, Wilmington, Fayatteville, Chatanooga, Ashville, which passengers are enjoying very much.

As far as knowing things at your company, I've got friends at a lot of companies, and follow the news and boards. But guessing 50 seaters would go away enmasse was not that hard to guess. Even Mike Boyd guessed that. They don't work well with high gas, period.

So Russ, are you and Jon Rivoli going to apply to the Majors when huge hiring commences? Or, are you two lifers?

Bye Bye---General Lee

You're not a lifer.....okay... Anyway, at least you agree that there won't be the same amount as before (my whole point, thanks). And high gas will still park those E135s eventually, or UAL scope probably will. Good luck to you!

Bye Bye---General Lee

UAL scope? Yeah that's gonna kick him out of that 37 seater. Too bad he will slide right into a 76+ seat RJ. Nice vote Admiral!

UAL scope? Yeah that's gonna kick him out of that 37 seater. Too bad he will slide right into a 76+ seat RJ. Nice vote Admiral!

Hi genius. We added 70 76 seaters after dumping more than 220 50 seaters in this agreement, with a net loss of 149 50 seaters. That means a heck of a lot FEWER RJs. Then, to top it off, we will add atleast 88 717s to fly the current routes of 76 seaters, while they are bumped down to fly current 70 and 50 seat routes, trying to squeeze a profit on those routes. You guys at UAL have a similar offer, except no 717 carrot. DAL pilots are recapturing routes. You guys? We'll see...... Good luck with that....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hi genius. We added 70 76 seaters after dumping more than 220 50 seaters in this agreement, with a net loss of 149 50 seaters. That means a heck of a lot FEWER RJs. Then, to top it off, we will add atleast 88 717s to fly the current routes of 76 seaters, while they are bumped down to fly current 70 and 50 seat routes, trying to squeeze a profit on those routes. You guys at UAL have a similar offer, except no 717 carrot. DAL pilots are recapturing routes. You guys? We'll see...... Good luck with that....

Bye Bye---General Lee

So you call the 717 a 'carrot'!?! Well that proves even you know you sold out. Again thanks for falling hook line and sinker for Grand Admiral Moak's vision you hypocrite.

Last edited:
So Russ, are you and Jon Rivoli going to apply to the Majors when huge hiring commences?

What huge hiring? The one that yip's been forecasting since the Roosevelt administration?

American Eagle Express Commuter

Bye Bye---General Lee

United not getting recycled ValuJet rejects?? Hmmm sure their hearts are broken over that!!

Latest resources

Back