• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integration Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think NJA is done with bypass pay under the new CBA.

also, I'm not familiar with VSL. Is that the combined list: NJA and NJI, or just the current pilot count of NJA?

FG

Last edited:
I can't ever see the company starting Bypass pay again, it is not in our current contract.

VSL: Virtual Seniority List (Official name for the Combined list with both NJA and NJI based on Date of Hire)

In a "Seniority-Based vacancy system" if a pilot junior to you was awarded a higher paying equipment/seat the company would have to give you the same equipment/seat or pay you. (ie Bypass pay) Section 5.1 of the 2007 CBA says that seniority will govern all crewmembwers in case of promotion...... choice of vacancies..... If after the "final integration notice" a NJI sic is upgraded out of senority then there would be a very large grievance for the company to deal with.

Nope - once you're on the seniority list it doesn't matter what your background is - you're a NetJets pilot.

Dingus, you seem to be pretty sure of yourself. It will be interesting to see what your attitude is like when reality sets in. In one of your posts you mention the fact that we as NJA pilots won't see the left seat of a G. Care to explain that? We already have a few in the left seat over there.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your date of hire over there at NJI? I just want to see how many of US are going to jump ahead of you in line for those nice 650's. Remember, once WE have done our time in the IV, it's game on for the V, 550, & 650.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that NJI sic's had to have twice as much time to get hired?

Are you starting a penis size competition? I think you would be surprised to see a new hire average total flight time comparison of the 2 operations. Compared to other new hires, I was considered a young low time guy with 6k. Half my indoc class had over 20k.

In the end it doesn't matter, the contract and seniority list rule. We look forward to working with you all.

Last edited:
I'm looking very forward to working with the guys who don't think they're better than the rest of us or don't think they deserve special treatment. Some are starting to act like victims in this game and that's just not right. Whether you're on the NJA side or on the NJI side, this is a great place to work and will be for a very long time as long as we don't ******************** it up by acting like a bunch of cry-babies. The NJI guys have to remember that it's just another airplane. You're not God simply because you have a G-Whiz type rating.

Will there be some things you'll have to "re-learn?" Yes but who cares? There are two groups that will ultimately feel some discomfort. The first group is the current NJI FOs. Now I don't know what you all have been told but I wouldn't expect any fences that will allow the current NJI FOs to jump ahead of NJA FOs when it comes to upgrading into the G's. Chances are, most of the NJI FOs will either stay in the right seat of their current airplane or they'll have to take a captain bid in a smaller airplane. That's just the way seniority works. The second, but smaller, group are the current FOs on the NJA side. No matter how you slice it, the guys on the very bottom right now will have their upgrade time extended due to a number of senior FOs on the NJI side. You can talk about there being more airplanes that are coming along with the whole NJI deal but one way or the other, our junior-most guys are going to have to wait a bit longer now due to the integration.

What's that? RTS made you promises that this won't happen? YEAH!!! Just like the promises he made just last year when he told you guys this integration will never happen????

Latest resources

Back