• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integration Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJI is NOT hiring off the street or is there a cut off date?...

Pilot Merge

:confused: I really don't see why anyone from NJA would care what happens at NJI. VERY FEW from NJA will see the Left seat of a G. The merge will only help those fat cat G drivers smile all the way to the bank!:);)

NJI is NOT hiring off the street or is there a cut off date?...

officially NJI can hire off-the-street until November - but the classes are all filled. After November all hiring comes fromthe 'A' side

:confused: I really don't see why anyone from NJA would care what happens at NJI. VERY FEW from NJA will see the Left seat of a G. The merge will only help those fat cat G drivers smile all the way to the bank!:);)

I care because in 30 years very few will remember that NJI and NJA were ever seperate. I may not ever see the left seat of the GIV or the GV, but I will have a good chance to be in the left seat of the G650 or whatever comes after. Think past 20 years and you can see why I care.

It's not a "merger" kids, it's a seniority list integration. The collective bargaining agreement will apply to all pilots but there will be differences between the operations and, at least for the next few years, Okatie will continue to operate as a separate entity. NJI isn't pulling up stakes and moving to CMH (and thank your favorite deity for that). As FLYLOW said, it's gonna be fine (and he's right about ALPA and APA too...)

:) Hey Gut, your right again, Also I don't plan on giving my seat up for at least 10 yrs. Like Willy said, I'm looking forward to the 650 myself, maybe even that SSBJ. Hang in there Willy 20 yrs go buy fast. :beer:

It's not a "merger" kids, it's a seniority list integration. The collective bargaining agreement will apply to all pilots but there will be differences between the operations and, at least for the next few years, Okatie will continue to operate as a separate entity. NJI isn't pulling up stakes and moving to CMH (and thank your favorite deity for that). As FLYLOW said, it's gonna be fine (and he's right about ALPA and APA too...)

From what I hear this is a GOOD thing. Some of the people in CMH could screw up a free lunch.

VERY FEW from NJA will see the Left seat of a G. The merge will only help those fat cat G drivers smile all the way to the bank!:);)

While this is very true, G right seaters will also never see the left seat of a G if they are still FO's when the integration occurs. I'm sure they're not happy about that.

While this is very true, G right seaters will also never see the left seat of a G if they are still FO's when the integration occurs. I'm sure they're not happy about that.

Not quite true - unless RTS goes back on his word.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back