• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integration Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Side note to Pack: Seven times to China bro?

Plus 3 to Japan, 1 to Korea, Vietnam, Australia, Thailand. 2 times to India... But what do I know, Im just an arrogant Jet God.

For all you knuckle heads at NJA who think you've got this international thing in the bag... go ask the guys who came over here first and see what they tell ya. Im flying with one now and I know what he'll tell you.

Plus 3 to Japan, 1 to Korea, Vietnam, Australia, Thailand. 2 times to India... But what do I know, Im just an arrogant Jet God.

For all you knuckle heads at NJA who think you've got this international thing in the bag... go ask the guys who came over here first and see what they tell ya. Im flying with one now and I know what he'll tell you.

Name calling Wolf?? Nice..

Most of us realize that there is more to flying to some of the places you guys fly, then just strapping on the jet and going. If someone doesn't realize that then they aren't very bright. However it isn't rock science.

Personally if I ever came over there I would want and need the experience you guys have to offer in training me, but then again I like keeping my ticket.;)

YGBSM - With the right company, training, standards, and crew environment, it's all pilot sh!t. It certainly requires additional training, but many have done it before you, and many will do it after you (speaking from experience). You'll get people's attention when you show up for duty in a NASA jumpsuit (one way of the other). Until then, it's still pants on one leg at a time.

Come on back down to earth before you poke someone's eye out. I'd rather hear what a true pilot has to say about the worlds BEvERages than, how great they are. I'll buy if you want waste the time. Real pilots do it all while getting intercepted and/or shot at - I'll be the first to say I'm not one of 'em. I'm just a guy who moves heavy equipment from one place to another for a pay check and loves play time.

Respectfully,

Where does the assumption we all crawled out of a Piper Navajo and into an Ultra at NJA come from? There is a huge spread of experience, yes even international, on the NJA side. Just because it wasn't in a gulfstream does not mean no one here has done it. Converting Meters and QFE? You have got to be kidding me, please hold my hand while I figure this out. Only version 4.2? Oh no, try it with version 0.0, or also called the original INS. Get over yourselves!

Wow Wolf, my simple question invoked that type of response from you? Impressive that you were born into a Gulfstream. It's not like you came from the ranks of places like Midway and Comair, or is it? Certainly someone with that type of background is simply incapable of learning international flying, as you allude to.

Dues are 1.5% of gross wages. That with per diem differences between actual paid and IRS allowance will give you the 2% required for business deductions, so you won't really notice it.

Explain this? . . . . .

Training?

All due respect to the viewpoints here, I can understand Wolf's frustration. In the past, you had to have the international experience before getting the keys.

As for the training--it definitely doesn't cover what you learn from experience and its very distracting when flying with someone who obviously doesn't have it. Some don't mind instructing on the road but others will have higher expectations.

No matter what their feelings, they will have to accept the idea that NJA pilots will be flying with them in the near future, and being professionals involves casting aside ego and learning to work together. I doubt this will be a problem as all the NJI pilots I have met on the road have been very nice. There are always exceptions though (on both sides).

I think I can hang Wolf.

A year in Afghanistan (1 in Iraq before that) flying to every "Stan" you can think off.

I know what "real mountains", "weird" altimeter settings, and people very "strange" to me are about.

Did all our flight planning and DIP clearances by ourselves.

Oh yeah...In an Ultra.

I'm sure you are seeing that NJA pilots are capable of integrating into the Gulfstreams and learning the international ropes just like you did when you started there.

You won't be seeing me, I'll be happy in the Hawker fleet.

I have seen all of the foreign lands I care too.

We'll all get along just fine I'm sure.

Jeez! The sh!t we pick to argue about????

Take care, and I'm looking forward to you joining the "Team".

Yes Team. If you guys are as "sh!t hot" as I'm hearing you say, you will a welcome addition to our membership.

Don't read into my statements, I sincerely think you guys will be an asset to us all.

Last edited:
In the Military Heavy world after 1500 hours total time you are worldwide qualified as a PIC. This include locals such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, S.E. Asia, etc...

Latest resources

Back