• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In house negotiating committee at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the addition of the Q400, Colgan is no longer a "Get in, get your time, get out" airline. Dr. King, when was the last time, if ever, you got draft pay for an added leg? I just got done with an 8 day, yes 8, and can't get draft pay for the 7th day.

Funny, I'm sitting in HEF right now thinking the same thing...and check the time of this post. Saab MAY be ready in about 1/2 an hour...ha ha.

Draft pay for this added trouble? Right.

Oh, by the way, the computer here has not updated for daylight time, it's an hour later than it shows.

Last edited:
Summary of discussions with management by committee......

C: "We want to discuss pay"
M: "Sorry, that's illegal under the Railway Labor Act."

C: "We want to discuss why Pinnacle's health care is better and cheaper than ours when we now work for the same company."

C: "We want to discuss retirement and 401K"

C: "We want to discuss a commuter clause."
M: "Get back to work."

C: "You better discuss something with us!"
M: "Or what?"

Once already this week. All you have to do is call Mickey or dot and if they feel you went out of your way for them they will give it to you

I'm calling BS on you. But just in the off chance that you did get it, it reinforces the case for an organized group that's recognized by the NMB. Everybody that flew in the Northeast last weekend went above and beyond. Shouldn't every one of them get that draft pay? A standard, enforcable set of work and compensation rules will finally do away with the "Naughty or Nice" list in Manassas.

"Pinnacle pilots wanting to fly the Q400 and have it written into their new contract."

IS this true? If so then you PNC guys are a bunch of As Holes. I would love to take your flying now.

Ok, if it is not then disregard the above line and lets go get a beer!

he he he

P2J

I'm calling BS on you. But just in the off chance that you did get it, it reinforces the case for an organized group that's recognized by the NMB. Everybody that flew in the Northeast last weekend went above and beyond. Shouldn't every one of them get that draft pay? A standard, enforcable set of work and compensation rules will finally do away with the "Naughty or Nice" list in Manassas.

As I said in my post....how can a committee expect to get anywhere with anyone in MGT when the Senator is a voice for a Labor Union Lobby (the AFL-CIO) and at the same time has these offensive tactics going on in HIS own shop....

ALPA is the only answer....it levels the playing field.

V1

Ok guys like I said. You guys are Mesaba's Big Sky, But PNC is doing it you I hope you already have pilot pay rates for the Q400's in your contracts. If you dont your not going to get the Q400's. They tell you that your going to get the aircraft. PNC mgt is telling there pilots that colgans is going to get the aircraft .if they dont hurry and sign a contract. I really hate to say it but your guys are being pit against PNC pilots to get them to sign there contracts. Dont think for one second that PNC pilots are going to give you anything. Thier union and you guys are not. dont think for one second that a scope clause want come up shortly, and I bet you shortly that PNC will change mgt in a year or two. and whom will you guys have to work out a new contract. with out one they going to tell you to take what the give it and like it.

do you really think Bombardier (sp?) gives one rat cent about a union. This is a business deal and some little alpa group can't stop that. I just don't buy it for one second. Look the pay scales are out, the aircraft are ordered. What can your scope clause do to use? We are not even the same airline. Now I just might be mising the whole picture here and if I am please enlighten me.

Latest resources

Back