• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Happy Trails Lear 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think anyone who has flown thousands of hours as a line pilot with a normal schedule for years understands the life of a line pilot. He doesn't forget just because he's been in the office for a couple of years. It's a ridiculous argument, usually made by people who would like to be in the office themselves.

dude - only special people like to be in the office.

Hey PCL, I heard a rumor you are really big into flying flight simulator on a PC? My question is: if its true, why not pick up a trip and actually fly a real airplane + get paid for it?

Also it was stated that there is a picture of you... somewhere, flying "flight simulator" with a joystick in the food court in Philly while you were enjoying some ground time. :cartman:

Hey PCL, I heard a rumor you are really big into flying flight simulator on a PC? My question is: if its true, why not pick up a trip and actually fly a real airplane + get paid for it?

I don't even own a PC. Haven't owned a computer with Windows installed in nearly a decade.

Also it was stated that there is a picture of you... somewhere, flying "flight simulator" with a joystick in the food court in Philly while you were enjoying some ground time. :cartman:

Nope, not me. If I was in a food court, I'd be eating. :)

I think anyone who has flown thousands of hours as a line pilot with a normal schedule for years understands the life of a line pilot. He doesn't forget just because he's been in the office for a couple of years. It's a ridiculous argument, usually made by people who would like to be in the office themselves.

IMO, it is not about you understanding what it is like on the line. It is about your credibility with the folks flying the line. If the folks have faith in your ability to "know what it is like" then you can do better work as their representative. If they have no faith, then folks are divided and we get crappy representation...look what we got for an SLI.

Phred

That's funny. You sound just like the non-flying management pilots that you despised for your very brief airline career.

IMO, it is not about you understanding what it is like on the line. It is about your credibility with the folks flying the line. If the folks have faith in your ability to "know what it is like" then you can do better work as their representative. If they have no faith, then folks are divided and we get crappy representation...look what we got for an SLI.

Phred

More trolling nonsense right here. You all a bunch of fire starters. Get a life.

Phred

The SLI? An interesting example for you to bring up, since the pilot group had the ultimate level of faith in the Merger Committee, and members of that committee went out of their way to maintain currency. How'd that work out for you?

The SLI? An interesting example for you to bring up, since the pilot group had the ultimate level of faith in the Merger Committee, and members of that committee went out of their way to maintain currency. How'd that work out for you?

It is not that folks had "ultimate level of faith in MC," it was that the line pilots had ZERO faith in the MEC (The LH regime) and demanded the MC be "hands off." In anything that big, there needed to be checks, balances AND clear direction. Absent those things from the MEC results in personal influences, opinions and desires become the metrics. The root cause of the merger mess was the weak MEC. GK and SWAPA saw it and played it to their advantage. How can you NOT see that?

As far as how everything is working out for me, I don't know yet...I am still flying the line here at AT as opposed to dropping reserve duty to play ALPA games.

Phred

Hey PCL - I like to eat too!!

Latest resources

Back