Happy Trails Lear 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is not that folks had "ultimate level of faith in MC,"

Nah, it really was. I wish the web board didn't delete everything after 90 days. It would be comical to go back and see everyone from both sides of the SLI debate praising the MC as if they were the second coming of Christ Himself. The level of irrational trust was crazy.

The root cause of the merger mess was the weak MEC. GK and SWAPA saw it and played it to their advantage. How can you NOT see that?

No, the root cause was an incompetent and inexperienced Merger Committee. The inexperienced MEC was certainly a large factor, but their options were also limited because the MC had so much political capital with the line pilots who placed so much misplaced trust in them. Granted, the MEC was largely to blame for generating that level of trust and giving them autonomy, but even when they realized their mistake, they were largely powerless to correct it.

Nah, it really was. I wish the web board didn't delete everything after 90 days. It would be comical to go back and see everyone from both sides of the SLI debate praising the MC as if they were the second coming of Christ Himself. The level of irrational trust was crazy.

No, the root cause was an incompetent and inexperienced Merger Committee. The inexperienced MEC was certainly a large factor, but their options were also limited because the MC had so much political capital with the line pilots who placed so much misplaced trust in them. Granted, the MEC was largely to blame for generating that level of trust and giving them autonomy, but even when they realized their mistake, they were largely powerless to correct it.

Wow, it's like you are describing OUR situation during the acquisition!

I really wish they hadn't purged the SWApA forum. It would be eye opening reading for the revisionist historians among us.

That would be an interesting read!

I agree that the MC was way out of there league and that why checks/balances needed to be in place. In any case we were doomed from the beginning and the reason why so many folks wanted this to go to arbitration...to save us from ourselves!

Phred

No, the root cause was an incompetent and inexperienced Merger Committee.
I am not sure if you have seen the 9/3/2011 email chain between the head of ALPA's representational department and a former ATN NC member but he sure doesn't share your opinion. Let me know if you need a copy of that email chain.

The fact that the MEC never took any responsibility for the events that unfolded pisses off many at the tran. If the MC was "rogue", doesn't the MEC have a responsibility to lead and make changes? They didn't....the MEC and MC both initially told me identical stories of what transpired on 7/14. Then certain MEC members changed their story. Specifically our vice chair. He told me the exact info as Frank E the week after aip1 was negotiated then once politics came into play simply stopped returning my calls. That made it clear to me the MC's version of events more accurately represented the truth.

I am not sure if you have seen the 9/3/2011 email chain between the head of ALPA's representational department and a former ATN NC member but he sure doesn't share your opinion. Let me know if you need a copy of that email chain.

No thanks. I'm sure someone will be submitting it as evidence in some frivolous lawsuit or another eventually.

I think anyone who has flown thousands of hours as a line pilot with a normal schedule for years understands the life of a line pilot. He doesn't forget just because he's been in the office for a couple of years. It's a ridiculous argument, usually made by people who would like to be in the office themselves.

You really haven't done the job for very long-
All line pilots with any experience have seen how quickly office dwellers lose the line perspective- whether it's schedulers who begin the job with a level of respect for pilots and lose it- and in this case- the pilots who tackle special projects, chief positions, IP's or union reps-

I'd say only a half or third really keep their perspective and don't end up looking down on the line pilot- and those that do fly more than the min.

If you'd been in the industry longer than your overly strong opinions should allow- you'd know that

(Very few line pilots aspire to the office- your views that folks are jealous of that is telling - you'll be making a good choice to bail on to something else- happily knowing this gig was never for you)

If you'd been in the industry longer than your overly strong opinions should allow- you'd know that

All this coming from 1900/RJ driver..that's rich.

Pot, meet kettle

That would be an interesting read. I hope it does come out.

Latest resources

Back